Rogers Internet - Complete Ripoff

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Rogers Internet - Complete Ripoff

Not quite. What happened is that I phone to change my TV service from "VIP Ultimate with TMN blablabla" down to basic digital. While I was chatting with the CSR (the system was a bit slow), I asked her if it was possible to buy more bandwidth without going to the next level of service.  She mentioned the $5 for 20Gb thing, which seemed interesting (note: I was just starting using Netflix, and really had no idea how much I'd use in a month at that time).  Then she said she could knock 20% off Extreme for a year, which would add up to roughly the same price as Express with the 20Gb (just a few bucks more), so I decided to go with that.  So it kind of happened by accident.

But before I started streaming with Netflix and off the TV networks' web sites, I rarely got near the 60Gb.  It was more like 14-20Gb a month.

What Rogers don't see is that they could lower their price and up their caps a bit and keep a lot of customers who have jumped to independents, or are thinking about it.

With this note, I'd like to thank whoever implemented the feature on this message board that just saved this whole message: I hit the Back button on my mouse by mistake, and a message appeared above stating that I had a draft saved by the autosave function, with the option to Load or Discard.  The number of times I've lost messages because of that Back button... argh

Highlighted
I've Been Around

actually rogers is a total rip off they sucker you into what they call a better plan and offer you savings and then slap you with a big bill by charging you for two months worth the original plan plus the new plan and claim it is prorated
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

^^^Is this true? Can someone confirm this please?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unless there was some wierd billing issue, its NOT true.

This last month, i signed up for the unlimited, at around the 15th of the month.  My billing cycle is the 24th. 

The way my bill shows, is a credit back of 9.99 for the days NOT on the regular plan, and then a charge of 12.99 for those days used on the new plan.

I THINK what the OP is seeing.. is the next part.

That credit back/charge for the change, is based off of the LAST previous bill to adjust it (normaly), then you see your regular next month billed on that new bill.

It looks like they are charging you twice.. but usualy the credit + change almost ballances out (minus the increase in what type of plan change it was.. so just a few dollars.. then the whole new months charge)

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Something about you having to state that you are not a rogers employee seems fishy. Drinking their internet koolaid.?

Anywhoo Not once has myspeed come close to what i was promised,

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have that on the bottom of my posts.. as I help ALOT of people on here with varying issues. 

I have had people messaging me, asking me to look at their account, etc.

I AM NOT a rogers employee, therefore I can not do that.  I don't appreciate the rude comments.

----------

As I responded in your other thread, the current values, are all based of plans and specific technology.. which from the sounds of it, you may not be using.

I currently AM using the current stuff, with a current plan, and am able to receive promised speeds.
(not to say, there are sometimes people who DO have the new stuff, and still cant)

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I bought my new note 3 didn't know anything about it however I managed mind you after I put into my account over 100 bucks to use up 7 gigs of data. Which is almost impossible if you do no d down loads in days. Anyhow put on Opera app it monitors all data usage. As soon as I installed iti could no longer go to my account to check on there usage amounts. I used it same as every other day. Difference was I only used 22nd now how do you explain that in one day they said I used half gig same usage was only 22 Mb. Minding your money isn't being cheap it being smart 

**edited for content**

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The opera mobile browser while it does have a usage monitor it only monitors throughout of web traffic through it, not through the rest of the phone.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is this a joke? So any service or consumer product, the consumer has no right to complain?

What the . did I just read?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am 77 and and not tech savvy I have Bell TV but where I live cant get bell internet, so I have Rogers. I am now paying $58.18 a month and Rogers is charging $32.99 for the same service to new customers. I have more than paid for the cost of the modem every time I complain they give me a few dollars off for a few months then it goes back even higher than it was before. Why do I have to constantly complain to get a fair deal? I agree this is a ripoff!