Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Had my install today!
Tech was really good and knowledgeable (well as much as they can be this early)

I need to head out shortly, so this will be just a QUICK overview, go into MUCH more detail about all the stuff when I get back later tonight.

Modem set up,  put at demarc.  Built in range was decent, but not great for my 3rd box, so installed a MESH wireless.  Seems to work well from what I can see.  (I am running NOT bridged right now.. as my RT-N66U is getting a little long in the tooth.)  I was able to get 300+/25 on wireless (on 500u).  Wired seems fine.

X1 boxes are TINY, like android box sized.  
Seem to work well though, VERY fast to respond.  Recording work.  Playback works.  Playback via cell/ipad works.
Cant seem to find where to change the wifi network right now.. will ask the concierge when I talk to them tomorrow.

Again, will write a much larger review later tonight.  If you have questions, let me know and I can try and see/check about it.

*Edited Labels*

1,081 REPLIES 1,081

Re: Rogers Ignite TV Installation/Experiences/Questions

seadooxp30
I'm a Reliable Contributor
One of my STBs acting up but other two are fine
All 3 wired to the Rogers modem.
The one that I have issue goes black with no message on screen. Starts working as soon as I reboot that STB.
I’m in Richmind Hill

@seadooxp30 have you ever checked that particular ethernet cable with an ethernet test tool?

seadooxp30

@Datalink wrote:

@seadooxp30 have you ever checked that particular ethernet cable with an ethernet test tool?

will do but since its working and goes off from time to time I'm not sure if its faulty network cable.

I was thinking of changing the cdmi cable as well...

@seadooxp30 is that cable a house cable embedded in the walls, or a commercial cable that you can move around.  You'd definitely need a cable tester to check an embedded cable.  Its always handy to have one around just in case some strange issue comes up.

bhoward57
I Plan to Stick Around

My box got an update on Oct 31st and I have been getting the sound dropouts on PVR'ed shows. Watch half way thru a show found it very annoying. Switched to OnDemand to see if it was the same … no dropouts at all! We do not get dropouts on live TV either. Guess we need another update soon ...

seadooxp30

@Datalink wrote:

@seadooxp30 is that cable a house cable embedded in the walls, or a commercial cable that you can move around.  You'd definitely need a cable tester to check an embedded cable.  Its always handy to have one around just in case some strange issue comes up.

Thanks, but my setup is little complicated. line goes from my router to the Asus node and from back of ASUS node one of the port connected to Rogers STB.

I already replaced the network cable from there to STB .

Next  I'm going to change HDMI cable.

I have seen HDMI goes bad all the time but never seen network cable to stop working.

pitfall21
I Plan to Stick Around

Quick question,

Are the issues mostly with customers who bridge their Rogers Modem with another modem or is it happening to everyone?

Hey folks,

I'm sorry to hear of all the recent issues being reported.  It seems a number of customers have been experiencing issues with failing to record or playback CDVR recordings. The issue has since been resolved. 

If you continue to experience issues with the above, please reach out to us @CommunityHelps, so we can take a closer look. Click HERE, to learn how to private message our inbox.

CommunityHelps

RogersCilio 

rblaiklock
I've Been Here Awhile

I’m seeing the dropped audio problem as well, but typically on live tv. 

It it seems to be a recent thing over the past couple of weeks 

Nick_W
I Plan to Stick Around

My modem is bridged, and I haven’t seen any problems, live or recorded. My boxes are all wired (via my network switches/router) though.

seadooxp30

@Nick_W wrote:

My modem is bridged, and I haven’t seen any problems, live or recorded. My boxes are all wired (via my network switches/router) though.

Is your own modem bridged or ROGERS modem bridged??

With Ignite TV it is always Roger's VB6 modem.

seadooxp30

@Biollw wrote:

With Ignite TV it is always Roger's VB6 modem.

I know that much!

I was asking Nick_W if his comment about bridged modem is his own Modem/router or Rogers.

Think1st
I've Been Here Awhile

I had an Apple Airport connected, not bridged. I am not sure if he bridged the Rogers. Did not work regardless of what tried.

New Apple TV 4K worked in 5 minutes, watched a live Leafs game that night streaming from CBC app.

Netflix....if I go into netflix on the ignite box if I am looking for something to watch and stay highlighted on a show it blacks out then comes back running the trailer.

This is annoying  and I would like to shut off the playing of the trailer whole browsing.

Is there a way?

Thnx

seadooxp30
I don’t think you can disable that.
To be fair that is not Rogers. It’s Netflix app
I have that on all my Netflix apps as long as they are on latest version including Spple TV and Xbox One

Nick_W
I Plan to Stick Around

@seadooxp30 wrote:

@Nick_W wrote:

Rogers modem, I don’t have a modem, I have a router.

seadooxp30

@Nick_W wrote:

@seadooxp30 wrote:

@Nick_W wrote:

Rogers modem, I don’t have a modem, I have a router.

Interesting that you bridged Rogers Modem/router and still works for you.

That was my idea so I can use my own ASUS router but I have been forced to use Rogers as Modem/router (just disable wifi) and use my router as 2nd one  (Double Nat).

It works this way but not what I wanted.

Glad to hear bridging Roger Modem works for some.

Why double nat?I have two ASUS routers and have them set as access points so no double nat.

I have my VB6 set in bridge mode and have my Netgear as prime router. All xi6 works .

Steveg36
I've Been Around

I can’t seem to connect my harmony remote hub to the new ignite tv box. I don’t have a “make” to call it. I just have the model number. How can I connect it to the hub?

Use the search function.  Harmony is addressed in the big ignite tv thread here.