Rogers Home Edition app for iphone is broken will not see nextbox (8642HD)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Home Edition app for iphone is broken will not see nextbox (8642HD)

Hello all,

I am having trouble with the Home Edition app on my iphone (and on my android tablet), it will nolonger work with my nextbox pvr, it was working as of last tuesday (july 30th 2013).

Any ideas on what I can do to get it working?

Also, I have tried to use TMN On Demand on the weekend and nothing would work...  It was always slow to respond to button presses but it always worked.... until now.  anyone else having issues with TMN?

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Home Edition app for iphone is broken will not see nextbox (8642HD)

If you have not already, reboot the pvr. This often clears up the on demand stuff.

If something is hung on the box may fix the app connecting as well. Try than then we can do some other troubleshooting 🙂

I'm an Advisor

Coincidentally, I just posted about the same problem with an 8300PVR in this thread on page 5: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

I'll try a reboot to see if it will fix the problem.

Update: A reboot of my 8300 fixed the missing PVR problem. Do any of you guys know where the Tune your TV "feature" is in the app? I've looked everywhere and can't find it. It's supposed to let you tune to a specific channel in the guide. I normally record stuff up in the mid-550 range and have to scroll like crazy to get the guide there.

I Plan to Stick Around

@jimboden wrote:

Coincidentally, I just posted about the same problem with an 8300PVR in this thread on page 5: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

I'll try a reboot to see if it will fix the problem.

Update: A reboot of my 8300 fixed the missing PVR problem. Do any of you guys know where the Tune your TV "feature" is in the app? I've looked everywhere and can't find it. It's supposed to let you tune to a specific channel in the guide. I normally record stuff up in the mid-550 range and have to scroll like crazy to get the guide there.

I have done two reboots (unplugging the machine and waiting a bit then plugging it back in), first one fixed the tmn issue and the iphone app sort of worked, not perfect and still full of errors, and also the box was extremely sluggish at responding to button presses and had stopped working entirely.

2nd reboot done last night fixed all issues...