Rogers Hitron CGN3 - NEW FIRMWARE - 4.2.4.3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: :: Rogers Hitron CGN3 - NEW FIRMWARE - 4.2.4.3 ::

I hope so too!

The other users seem to be having good luck with the firmware, so hopefully thats all you need 🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Im on 4.2.4.3 now! Yay! So bridge mode is stable under 4.2.4.3?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

From most poeples reports so far, yes 🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Can anybody tell me if this firmware upgrades the number of port forwarding rules allowed? My current firmware 4.2.4.1 allows 9 port forwarding rules which is grossly inadequate for my network. On the same note can anyone suggest a high trhoughput 8 ethernet port router I can use once I get fed up enough and put my CGN3 in bridge mode. I currently have an 8 port router but it's low throughput so high bandwidth stuff goes through the CGN3 and I can't rely on it for routing because it drastically reduces speed.

Thanks

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello sportshoes,

I haven't tried adding more than 5 port forwarding rules at a time, so I can't say for certain that the new firmware changes anything. I'm running bridge mode and have a pretty amazing router hooked onto it, so I haven't had the need to do this. I do recall you can forward a range of ports at a time, so if you have a lot of stuff that you want NAT'd to the same internal host, you can consolodate that way.

As for the new firmware, as far as I know, it was to address the immediate concern of stability in bridge mode, and nothing else, so I doubt the update will do you any could.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As for an 8 port router?

Not likely to find one, not insanely common unless you start looking at the start end of the business grade, probably in the $500+ range.

You would be better than to introduce a decent 5+ port switch off your router.

Router wise, there is a plethora of choices, many depending on how important wireless is for you.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just double checked on the latest firmware on the cgn3, and maxes still at 9

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ok. Thanks for the replies. Great speed with the new modem, but lousy features for a "router"
-9 port forwarding rules max
-no QoS that I can see
-no way to set external remote management
Oh well
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

These are generally designed as a 'basic' users router.. for your average joe, who just has basic internet needs, etc.

Best bet overall to get a decent 3rd party one with the features you want.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I would suggest a switch as well. I have a 24 port switch and all of my devices go to the switch with a connection from the switch to the router. That way if you are doing something that causes your router to reboot it doesn't take down your LAN - which is important for me as we do a lot of streamed media from a server to various devices aroudn the house.