Rogers High Speed Internet Network Plans

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers High Speed Internet Network Plans

I've just been informed that Bell will be bringing DSL services into my community (Branchton, Ontario) within a few months. Is there any plans for Rogers to grow their infrastructure in this area to support highspeed internet? Currently I have the Rogers Rocket Hub & i'm spending $60+ for 20GB. This isn't sustainable.

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers High Speed Internet Network Plans

Hopefully at some point they may.. but usually they will not say anything about an area untill they announce that they are giving service there 😞

Best you can do it keep calling in and asking if service is available, and they can look it up.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have been calling in quite a few times. Evidently Rogers high speed is available accross the street from where our town begins so it wouldn't take that much to make it available.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You would be suprised.. Especially if the lines there are BURRIED (not across poles).. and there is no infrastructure to the house to begin with.

We have fiber direct into the building here at work.  The node where they had to take it from, is 300m away, under one streeet, etc.

We had to pay about 25,000, to get the line into the building.
Now, even if that is an over inflated install price... lets say 10,000 is the cost for that.

To run the cable lines, is the same process.. you need to bore a hole to lay the cabling with.. potentialy under many driveways, roads, etc.

Just trying to explain, that It can be VERY expensive.
HOPEFULLY the value of adding it, will outweigh the cost soon so they can add the services there.