Rogers High Speed Internet Data Limits

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers High Speed Internet Data Limits

I have a concern regarding monthly data usage as it stands with my current internet account. With the evolution of the internet to a mass multimedia stage, I feel strongly that the current data usage caps are not reflective of average user. For example Rogers recent launch of ROD online and its ample offerings of streaming television content the data usage will seriously fall short for customers. If an average user like myself watches their favorite shows through this online venue on ROD as well as youtube, video conferencing, flash intensive content, online storage and emailing the current levels of data capping become insufficient. As it is reflected in my personal account of 125gig/month I have already come to the high water mark on the account. I am paying almost 70.00 / month and utilize the services provided by rogers in what I would consider average as mentioned above. This would include ROD online, Skype, email, youtube etc. I would like to see Rogers review its current data offerings and take into account that this will most certainly create a problem in the immediate future. I do not believe upgrading to the highest package at $100.00 /month to gain and extra 25 gigs of data usage is an option. This is not about speed....its about using the services without worrying about additional charges. If you are going to push a service like video streaming you need to take into account the huge data drain. The internet is no longer just images and text....its a media source. I would sooner have higher data limits than speeds that are not required for the average consumer.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: Rogers High Speed Internet Data Limits

@graphicguy

For security purposes, I have removed your full name, number and address.

The goal of the forums is to provide a venue for peer-to-peer help with technical questions related to our products and services.

The community can still view your issue on high speed data limits.

Thanks

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Graphic Guy.. I was pleased to see that your conscerns were marked as SOLVED! which would indicate to me, that Rogers read and addressed your problem in a positive and meaningfull manner to your mutual satisfaction.

As i have the same concerns as you, i excitedly clicked the "See Solution Button" only to be presented with a bioler plate response from and administrator that they ahd censored your post "for security reasons".

That doesn't sound like "solved" to me, it sounds like "ignored".

Subscribing to this thread and eagerly awaiting the resolution!

Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

@bdoyledimou

Only th OP (original poster) can mark posts as an accepted solution.

Here’s how:

1. Go to the post that provided a solution to your question

2. Click on options (located on the top right of the post)

3. In the dropdown menu, click Accept as Solution.

Or, click on Accept as Solution in the bottom right hand side of the post

4. Click confirm

If you’re a visual learner, you can also get step by step instructions in our how-to video on YouTube, here

Thanks!

I Plan to Stick Around

I Plan to Stick Around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Mg6pq33Zc -> nice parody. I get almost as angry as the main character when I see ROGERS SREEN Of DEATH (RSoD) when I am hitting 100%  of my usage and am affraid of touching my mouse :-))))))

I Plan to Stick Around

Their hijacking of the 404 error infuriates me.  If I mistype something, I expect it to go to my default search engine, not get hijacked by Rogers.  I hate this company, but have no other options where I live.

I've Been Here Awhile

I totally agree here too!! Some "Solved" options/pricing problem that must reflect so many users in similar positions!! I find this unbelievable and most frustrating. Is there anywhere else to go (any other service provider with more suitable and appropriate charges in this regard? Please advise...
I Plan to Stick Around

it is great that you can pay for the data limits to go to like me i have the ultimat so i can get 175 gig, 2 kids, 2 adults, ps3, xbox 3 computers, ipads, itouches, laptops,...  But when they say 50/meg to go with that 175 gig, make sure they hold up to their end of the bargain, an don't after i don't know we have been customers for the last 20 years... say you can have 50/meg download speed an upload of 2 or whatever but don't use it p2p or anything we don't want you to.. Can't have us pay for something then all of a sudden just change how you deliver it an tell us to you it the way you want.... what is next ? going to tell me the brands of computers an tvs we can use to watch cable or surf the net on ?

Very Irritated Rogers Long Term Customer

EricL

I Plan to Stick Around

But they do tell you what kinds of equipment you use such as modems. They keep insisting on SMC modems if you want anything above Express and we all know what a piece of **bleep** these modems are!