cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Hi-Speed Express! Can't get 70gig Monthly Usage unless I PAY $3 extra per month!

MrLime
I've Been Around

Oh yah!

Rogers advertises an increase in Monthly Usage, so the Hi-Speed Express goes from 60Gigs to 70Gigs.

My account is still 60gig, so I call in and find out that  i need to get a NEW Wireless Modem to get the extra 10Gig in usage and that modem will cost $3 MORE per month. 

So. The seemingly 'free' increase in Monthly Usage is actually not free at all. AND I am paying the SAME for less usage, which means in some round about way, I am already paying Rogers more money per month. 

They will NOT budge. I talked to 'Customer Relations' and even they couldn't do anything with some excuse about system codes being tied to the new modem.

At this point i would like to swear, but I will keep it civil.

TOM...

***edited labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Rogers Hi-Speed Express! Can't get 70gig Monthly Usage unless I PAY $3 extra per month!

FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor

You are 100% correct. There is no logical reason why the higher speed and cap could not be applied to Express Internet for customers with a D2 modem, other than Rogers is trying to blackmail their customers into spending more on one of their cra*ppy D3 modems!  Maybe if they provided a decent stand alone D3 modem, more customers would switch!

See this thread as well:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/6141

Re: Rogers Hi-Speed Express! Can't get 70gig Monthly Usage unless I PAY $3 extra per month!

stevep
I've Been Around

I just realized that I too went over 60 gig limit but the Express now have the 80 gig limit.  That limit should make no difference on the modem speed.  It is a form of blackmail.  They should be ashamed of themselves.

I understand their greedy motives but they shouldn't get away with that.

JohnSmith798
I've Been Here Awhile

$3 for 10 extra gigs... **bleep** you are getting a good deal. JOKE Smiley Very Happy