Rogers Hardware Upgrades Will Require $80 Plans Starting June 17

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Hardware Upgrades Will Require $80 Plans Starting June 17

Also, dont forget that the big 3 (Rogers, Bell, Telus) all charge 80+ on a new phone. this is not just a Rogers thing.

With the term now being two years they do have to recoup the cost somwhow.

Hence, if you can afford to buy the phone outright, ALWAYS do that, but that was always the case, even with 3 years contract.

Since I am not interested in the new Iphone, I am lucky that I can keep my plan until my current phone exlpode 🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Not to mention the new plan rate is forever....stick with old plan and never switch and you're way further ahead.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well as forever.. until you choose to change it.

You could change it, at any time in the future, no penatlies... as long as it still meets the same requirements.

If they suddenly change the plans.. and you get double the data for the same price your paying, you can change the plan to that at the time.

(mind you these plans are almost 1.5 years old.. but when i got my iphone5, initiall went from my old 500mb plan i had for my iphone4, up to a 1g plan for a little more at the time.  2 months later... the same plan, but offered 2g for the same price.  Switched to that)

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

i got a question, i have a 6gib data plan for + calling id, if i upgrade would they let me keep my plan since is almost 80 dollars im paying, because there is no chance im changing my plan

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

By default?  No.. they generally CAN NOT.

You would be best to call in and pressure to escalate to someone senior.. and see what they can do.. some have managed ... may have to pay for a few more $ worth of an addon or something.. but better than changing to a plan with less data, etc.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi all,

I know its been a while since any activity on this topic but I have a followup/status question.

I went tonight to a local Rogers store and discussed this topic with them, specifically the option to upgrade the hardware while maintaining your old plan (based on the exception for a 60-79$ spend with manager approval).  I was told that it was a stop-gap measure and they hadn't approved any after August 2014.

I had previously mentioned it to the online rep and given a resounding "no Sir" as well.

So my question is has anyone else had a similar response?  Do we know for sure if this offer is DOA now?

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello waynerrobbins

Unfortunately yes it was Bering DOA. U need to get a new Share Everything plan or speak to Rogers and see what they can do for u. The stores can't give discounts and cannot force the system to keep ur current plan if it doesn't meet the requirements