Rogers Hardware Upgrades Will Require $80 Plans Starting June 17

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers Hardware Upgrades Will Require $80 Plans Starting June 17

Hello gustav

At this point I rather by my next phone outright and just change the sims. I spoke to my local Rogers store and the store manager knows me said that i don't need to change my plan as i posted above its at the store discretion.
wendy_lynn
I've Been Here Awhile

This is insane. Only reason I have stayed with Rogers is because I'm on a 6g $60 a month plan. Now to upgrade I will have to change? For the plan I have I would be paying $120. I will definitely be considering switching to a new carrier when the time comes and I hope many others do the same. I have been with Rogers for a very long time. Clearly no loyalty on your end.
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

the 6g for $60 was an INSANE deal when they offered it.

There has been NOTHING better for the price, for over probably 3-4 years at least.

While some other carriers, do not necessarily have the same $ value of minimums (EG: Bell's is only 60), going with any other company, you will be paying the same $110-120 for the same 6g of data. 😞

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello wendy_lynn

Contact Rogers and speak to them. I and some others have been able to save our plans when speaking to Rogers.

Unfortunately all carriers have this in place, not just Rogers. So switching to another carrier won't really do much as no one offers the 6GB $30 deal like they used too.
rgl168
I Plan to Stick Around

If you just have a single phone line, you are better off going with one of the sub-brands (eg. Fido).  Shareplans make no sense for a single-line/single-phone customers.

In the example of the other person with 2GB, a Fido line would be $70 or $75 (depending on the tab level he chooses).  If he buys a new phone outright (such as from Apple Store or Google Play) and get only the service plan from Fido, he can save 10% from $70 ($63).

tomek
I've Been Here Awhile

Does this apply to people with a government plan? (if you work at schools/hospitals) 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello tomek

You would need to contact Rogers Business / Corporate line and see what the say. I know it does count them but depends.
rgl168
I Plan to Stick Around

Corporate plans will have separate policies.  You'll will need to check with your account reps to see terms and conditions that the plans that are eligible for your workplace.

jon3084
I've Been Here Awhile

As of June 17, all HUPs will require moving to the new Share Everything plans. Older plans will no longer be upgrade eligible.

There is an exception policy if your monthly spend is $80 / month (plan + features). That being said, reps are being strongly encouraged to migrate clients onto the new plans.

There is also an exception policy if your monthly spend is between $60 – $79 / month (plan + features). This exception requires store manager approval and an expectation will be set with the client that this is the last upgrade at your current price point.

So I just got off a live chat with a Rogers support guy. He's saying that your plan itself has to be over $80. Not the plan + features. 

I sent the rep the iPhoneincanada link and he said that it's a third party link and might have inaccuracies. 

This sucks. A similar plan under their Share Everything is going to cost me $125/month!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jon3084

Unfortunately it seems to be the same on other carriers around the Canada. Rogers shouldn't be doing this BUT they want people to go on their new plans & ditch the old ones OR charge them a bit more to keep the old ones.