cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Gift for Customers

DEJDEJ
I've Been Around

Hello,

I just got a text saying I was entitled to redeem an exclusive gift just for being a Rogers customer. However, I keep getting an error message. I think there might be a bug on the site.

Diane

****Edited Labels****

25 REPLIES 25

Re: Rogers Gift for Customers

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello DEJDEJ

Are you sure it was from Rogers? Many times scammers like to say they are from the company but try to scam you. Please contact Rogers and see IF its true or not. Also i would suggest not opening the link on your phone as well.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
I know I got those around Xmas time, where you pick an envelope and it has a prize thing. So it IS possible, but haven't heard of any lately

FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor

@DEJDEJ wrote:

Hello,

I just got a text saying I was entitled to redeem an exclusive gift just for being a Rogers customer. However, I keep getting an error message. I think there might be a bug on the site.

Diane

It is legitimate. It has been posted about on Facebook. The link does not work. Leave it to Rogers to post a faulty link! Smiley LOL

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@IHR

Are you sure? I do not see it ANYWHERE on their Facebook and Twitter. I also called them and asked 7 different reps and 2 Manager, none of them even knew about this let alone know about this. I know during xmas, like gdkity said they will send a text like that out but its kinda early for that.

FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor

Got it in an email today!

Mobile Version
THE ROGERS CUSTOMER 
APPRECIATION
GIFT GIVEAWAY
2 special gifts just for you.
From all of us at Rogers, we just
wanted to express our gratitude
for your being such a loyal
Rogers customer.
As a token of our appreciation, we would
like to give you two very special gifts
valued at more than $50.
REDEEM YOUR GIFTS HERE
After you’ve selected your first gift, choose a second gift of your choice and then enter
our Big Thank You grand prize giveaway.
But our lips are sealed so you'll have to follow the link below to see more!
REDEEM YOUR GIFTS HERE
[+] SEE FULL DETAILS
Contact Us | Privacy | Rogers.com | Unsubscribe
You have received this email because you are a valued customer.
Rogers Communications Partnership. One Mount Pleasant Road, Toronto, ON M4Y 2YS
© 2012 Rogers Communications.

There are a number of posts on Facebook about it too!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
I never got that email. Hopefully i do soon!

I beleive those emails.. go to the PRIMARY email for the overall account.. if i remember correctly. (dont think its the one assoicated with the myrogers).

Yeah that looks similar to the ones before.. likely alot of the magazine subscription things, etc 😛

FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor

Our account is in my wife's name and the email went to her address - which is in fact a secondary account. It is however the email used to register for MyRogers.

There were 2 prizes. The first was a $50 credit at rdeals.ca. The catch though is that you can only use $10 per purchase, meaning 5 purchases to use your $50 credit!

The second prize did include magazine subscriptions and a few others. We chose 3 free PPV movies from channel 100. Not too bad!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Everyone will get the $50 deal on Rdeals no matter what. the second was has the choice from:

1. 3 Free Rogers On Demand Movies
2. $25 gift card to the Shopping Channel
3. Rogers donates the money
4. 6 Months free Rogers Magazine

while i have not got the email.. i WAS able to process it, via going through the link you posted above.

put in my phone number, postal code, etc.. it verified everything.. and have added the 3 rentals to my account :3

Amitis
I've Been Here Awhile

I got it, but I get error msg "Please enter the last 3 digits of your postal code that's associated with your Rogers account." and I am entering my postal code correctly!

Amitis
I've Been Here Awhile

Me too!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Keep trying. This happened to me last night. Erase the phone number and postal code and re enter it. See what happens.

honeys4u
I've Been Around

Hi,

I received this email regarding customer appreciation, and I tried more than 10 times to sign in using my phone number and account number, but it wouldn't just allow me to sign in for gifts!

Any ideas???

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Honeys4u

This is a issue everyone is facing. It took me about 40 times repeating in order to sign in & do it. Keep retrying or try in a later time. Remember many are trying at once to log in & its causing this issue.

WR_Dave
I've Been Around

I would rather just have the value of the gifts deducted from my bill or have my account upgraded to more data for the amount of the gift. That would be real appreciation rather than coercing more money out of me to recieve something I really don't want.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
The amount of the gift is negligible, you would only maybe get a gig or two credit 😛

The only real thing $ of value I would say is the rentals, would cost us $7+ each

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor
I'm with WR_Dave. If they really wanted to show appreciation, I'd rather they just take the $21 + tax off my rogers bill.. There isnt one thing on their "gift" list that interest me, so have never redeemed their offer.

I do realize though that it is a marketing gimmick to try to get customers to spend more money on Rogers goods and services.

ottawacan
I Plan to Stick Around

The email said:

"3 Rogers on Demand movies will be added directly to your account within 5 business days of your redemption. Must have a Rogers Digital TV subscription."

It's been 6 business days and I don't see any sign of any free movies anywhere.

Is it supposed to show up as a credit in my Bill Information?  On channel 100?

Or, maybe my subscription to "Digital VIP" is not eligible?

I believe it was in another thread Meowmix explained it.

What happens, is that there is a credit for these on your account, on the back end, but you will never see it.

When you order a movie, it will say it will charge you, etc on the TV.

But when the bill comes, you should see a charge for the movie.. then there will be a refund for the cost of it.

You do have to wait until you get the email confirmation, before the credit is on the account.

Topic Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 11 in conversation