Rogers GameCentre Live app not coming to Windows Phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers GameCentre Live app not coming to Windows Phone

This probably shouldn't surprise anyone, though it is very dissapointing and further shows Rogers disinterest in Windows Phone. I asked in the article here http://redboard.rogers.com/2014/more-hockey-this-season-where-and-when-you-want-it/ if there will be a Windows Phone version and the answer was an outright no. I imagine there will also be no Windows 8 version (cuz I mean, it's not like there's a way to create a universal app for Windows/Widnows Phone/ Xbox One or anything like that...../s). Again, us Windows Phone users are just bending over and taking it here in Canada. What a joke.

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: Rogers GameCentre Live app not coming to Windows Phone

k-doggie - while Rogers is partnered with the NHL on Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE, it platform/app *is* an NHL product and is developed by the league, not Rogers (including extensions to other / new platforms). While there is no specific date for Windows platform support it's on the radar.

------------------------------------------------------
Scott MacMillan
VP, NHL Integration, Rogers

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I beleive the apps are provided by the NHL, not Rogers. But I could be wrong...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Since Rogers paid such a ridiculous sum of money for NHL everywhere, you would think they could spend just a tad more money and make that claim actually true and provide a Windows Phone and Windows 8.1 app.  I know there are not many of us Windows Phone people, but you seem to be doing a bit more of a push with getting the Nokia 635 and the 830.  So make that claim actually true and provide us with an NHL Gamecenter app.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

k-doggie - while Rogers is partnered with the NHL on Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE, it platform/app *is* an NHL product and is developed by the league, not Rogers (including extensions to other / new platforms). While there is no specific date for Windows platform support it's on the radar.

------------------------------------------------------
Scott MacMillan
VP, NHL Integration, Rogers

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the clarification Smacs. When you refer to Windows, are you referring to both Windows 8 and Windows Phone as a whole, or just Windows?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Good to know.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Smacs is blackberry on that radar too by any chance???

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Pauly ,

Check out @Smacs updated reply from the Ask the Expert event here: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/RogersGCL/thread-id/8

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I've Been Around

If you go to the NHL site and try to to offer feedback on Game Center Live you get redirected to Rogers.  On several posts I see that you are directing questions on platforms to the NHL site.  An endless loop!

There is still work needed on the "Integration" side of things.