cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Game Center Live NHL app update

RedBerry11
I Plan to Stick Around
DOES NOT WORK JUST IN TIME TO NOT WATCH HOCKEY TOMORROW, another epic Rogers update failure, I cannot wait to see the disaster the new Rogers Navigator is going to be. Already sending out instructions for people to reboot their Netboxes in case of freeze.lol.What a monopoly.
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Rogers Game Center Live NHL app update

Jay_Starks
I Plan to Stick Around

Same here updated to the latest version of Gamecenter live, and my Rogers credentials won't work!

I have a iPad with the previous version and my Rogers credentials work, i can logout or login no problem, but not with the latest version, what's up with that? Is someone looking into that ,and can give us a explanation of why the latest version is not working?

Just curious.. you guys have converted over to the EMAIL login, instead of the user name login?

Jay_Starks
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes i did,  the email login was a request if i wanted to use spotify... But i found a fix i think... Do not update the app but instead delete it and redownload it from the appstore, that should do the trick! After that you will get the option to login with your Rogers credentials instead of the NHL credentials which i don't have.

4G2
I've Been Here Awhile

"Update" has made gamecenter unuseable.(Android)

Been using Gamecentre app with no issues at all until today it just wouldn't open(kept saying I had no reception even though I did). Then I saw the email about there being an update. So even though I knew better, I installed the update. Signed in. Worked until I closed the app. Now any time I want to reopen it, it just stays on the loading screen forever. If I go into my app anager and delete the app's info, I can sign in again and get in. But I'm not doing that every time(or ever again). Any easy fix, or is it just one more app ruined by "updating"?

RedBerry11
I Plan to Stick Around

Seems to be fixed but guess what now depending on your location games are blacked out on my father's grave I could watch every single game with old app. If it said it was not available if I clicked again it would load every game. So it seems we have been ROGERED again because Sens,game Montreal blacked out never in 2 seasons could I not watch their games until today.I am reporting this update and blocking of games,to Rogers customers to the office of president head,office Toronto. I think they should not be able to pull this mid season.

THis forum, the hockey subredit, Rogers support are all aware of major issues with GCL today. Thousands of people having blackout or login issues after rogers rolled out an entirely new platform with what appers to be 0 testing.

Ed222
I've Been Around

Updated my NHL apps on my Samsung Note 3. And it is not working.

It is just NHL logo and circling blue, looks like buffering.

This update sucks bigtime.

Pls fix it asap.

Hello Community, 

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps in the link here? If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you'll see "Troubleshooting Tips for the New Rogers NHL App". 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

RedBerry11
I Plan to Stick Around
Tried looking at page tried deleting cache cookies? Data just let's you sign in but performs worst. Really? Two evenings playing with this App, nice eh, Rogers has been stealing my time for 4 years
Took a year off last year. Horrible customer experience, was explained that is why rates have been hiked for are Rogers superior experience.

hoboryan
I Plan to Stick Around

NHL app update - Chromecast issues

Hey guys,

Anyone have an issue with Chromecast after the app update on IOS? It cast the stream but it just shows "game will start shortly" even though the game has already started and is working on laptop. There also does not seem to be a live button or scroll feature on the phone anymore (when watching the game).

Ryan

teragram
I Plan to Stick Around

Epic fail Rogers. On my Android device all I get is the following message: "Invalid email address or password, please try again". I have no option to enter my Rogers log-in; only an NHL log-in which I do not have. While I can log in on a PC all I get for any game is the following message: "Your selection is not currently available due to local or national blackout restrictions. The full-length replay will be made available 48 hours after completion."

Combined with Navigatr, I cannot wait to cancel every service I have with Rogers! Your services are providing no value to me whatsoever!

Someone mentioned elsewhere.. remove the app and re add it.. should cause it to promt for the proper rogers login again (or the option to)

gunnersteve
I've Been Here Awhile

I was able to log in after deleting and then re-downloading the new apps on both my android phone and ipad. This however still did not allow me to watch any games as they were either blacked out or the playback was choppy for five seconds and then stopped completely. Sometimes it would then jump backwards 10 minutes. Totally unusable on any device.

RedBerry11
I Plan to Stick Around
Turns out you need OS system 4.2 minimum very small list of compatible phones, I say this constitutes fraud, if a company sells or gives away a service then makes it impossible for customers to continue there service halfway through season contact or give away.I really feel since,Rogers and the NHL think this is fair the only way to find out if this is fair is for all jilted customers to file online complaints with the CRTC.

RedBerry11
I Plan to Stick Around
Rogers and NHL do want your input on how your,struggle is going with the off brand devices,LMAO,is this real,this phone flag ship phone under 2 year contract from Rogers and it is not on the list and I have received update today still have to clear cache and sign in but I could watch games today, ALL of them.

Mpdman
I've Been Here Awhile
This is not the product I paid for.

What happened to GCL??? Was beautiful on Roku, now it only get 30 fps. This is a clear downgrade. Totally unwatchable. 

Will this be fixed, or can the previous app be used? At this point I will not renew.

I have a 256 Mbps link and everything is wired.

s_adam
I Plan to Stick Around

A least you get something. I have been getting blackout messages ever snce the downgrade. On every platform.

Hello @s_adam,

Have you had the issue resolved? Which platforms were you trying to use it on? 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Let me turn this around a little bit. Assuming a good connection (I have 256 Mbps measured at 229), and a wired device, which devices currently support 60 fps on your network for nhl.tv? Surely you have some concrete data on these devices. I've heard speculation that the bandwidth just isn't there from NHL.TV, and I've heard speculation that 60 fps is only provided to Apple TV Gen 4. Is it true that the Apple TV is the only device that supports the right video profile now for 60 fps?

I've tried: Roku 3, PS 4, Asus 750 laptop.

I will try Kodi with the new nhl.tv app tonight to see if it gets 60fps with 5000 kbps.

So far, every device I've tried seems to cap out at approx. 1500 bps.

The Roku shows 1500 bps from an available 15500 bps at the device. This suggests that there isn't a matching video profile between Roku and nhl.tv to stream the 60 fps/5000 bps. A profile that only the apple has?

Let's get some good detail here. It's capped? It's only supported on Apple? High video profiles don't match what's available on devices for 60fps/5000 bps video, although the devices may present valid alternatives?

I'm not saying the service is bad. I get good quality solid playback on all streams with no pausing. It's just not the advertised 60 fps.

Topic Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 13 in conversation