Rogers Galaxy S5, no Mobile Data on quick settings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Galaxy S5, no Mobile Data on quick settings

Love my new S5, it's my third android phone, but something I found very strange.  On the notification panel quick settings, they did not create a toggle for Mobile Data.  All the other regulars are there, wifi, rotation, sound, brightness etc., but no mobile data.

To get to it, you have to go down through the settings to Network --> More Networks --> Mobile Networks and then turn it off.  Seems quite strange considering it's always been there before.  I can only think of one reason...Rogers wants to make more money by never having your data off.

But there are real implications, particularly with respect to battery life.  If you are in a basement or somewhere else with no mobile data receiption, the phone tries to connect, heats up, and wastes power.  By not putting the toggle on the notificaiton quick panel, Rogers has made it more likely that people won't even realize it can be turned off.

Any thoughts?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers Galaxy S5, no Mobile Data on quick settings

Hello Harry_fine

Actually its not Rogers before anyone puts the blame on them. The S4 and Note 3 had the same issue with most American and Canadian carriers. The Mobile Data toggle was removed from Samsung. Many have posted this on the Samsung Facebook page, Android Authority, Mobilesyrup and many other blogs / sites. Samsung removed those for some odd reason without anyone knowing.

The alternative you can do is make a widget on your home screen or other page with it. This way u can turn it off and on anytime u like. You can also download like Juice Defender or other applications which can do this for u.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Harry_fine

Actually its not Rogers before anyone puts the blame on them. The S4 and Note 3 had the same issue with most American and Canadian carriers. The Mobile Data toggle was removed from Samsung. Many have posted this on the Samsung Facebook page, Android Authority, Mobilesyrup and many other blogs / sites. Samsung removed those for some odd reason without anyone knowing.

The alternative you can do is make a widget on your home screen or other page with it. This way u can turn it off and on anytime u like. You can also download like Juice Defender or other applications which can do this for u.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Harry, when I'm in a low signal area, I just enble airplane mode.  This disables all signals, talk and data. Works for me.Smiley Happy