Rogers Extreme Text Messaging features

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers Extreme Text Messaging features

Good luck using extreme messaging.  Turns out automatic reply doesn't work on iPhones if iMessage is turned on on either the sending or receiving device.  Ok, you've got the receiving device, but how can you control whether your senders using iPhones have iMessage turned on or off?  Pretty much useless.

And then there's text forwarding.  Only works from Rogers to Rogers.  You can't forward to a Telus or Bell phone.

Waste of time.

**Edited Labels**

Solved! Go to Solution.
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Rogers Extreme Text Messaging features

Hi @David1000,

As iMessage is connected to your Apple ID and is transmitted through data and not SMS the Rogers Extreme Text Messaging features cannot apply to them.  You would need to assure all your messages are SMS only in order for Extreme Text Messaging to apply.  The same would be as if messages were being sent via BBM or Whats App; as they're being transmitted via data and a separate and encrypted platform, the Extreme Text Messaging features don't apply.

RogersDarrell

Rogers Employee EhmTeeEhf
Rogers Employee

Yes @RogersDarrell is correct, since your using an iPhone, it uses the apple network to send the messages from iMessage through their servers between iPhones.

Extreme Text Messaging is simply that, its for TEXT messaging on the rogers network, it works the way it was designed, i use it daily on my androind, windows phone, and yes my iphone but i leave imessage off as i have unlimited sms so i don't need imessage.

If you want to use imessage which is perfectly fine if your friends use iPhones, use imessage, but you can configure your phone if your sending SMS to another phone, simply look at the text you are writing.

If its Green its SMS, if its Blue its iMessage.

So knowing that if your trying to use Extreme Text Messaging, you will know if its blue the message is being sent via data through apple's imessage server. So it won't work.

But if sending to them and its green, it will.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

Sending and receiving text messages on multiple phones with family share plan

Is it possible to set up something where I can receive all the text messages that my daughter sends out and receives to my phone from hers without being linked up with the Apple ID? We both have the iphone 6S but I don't want to put my Apple ID on her phone. I have the family share plan because my husband and oldest son are on it as well. But I would like to be able to keep an eye on my 12 year old daughter and know what she is up to. So if there's a way to do this can someone please let me know how, thank you!

I've Been Here Awhile

So what you're saying is that if my daughter sends the SMS text message (green message) that I will receive the text that she has sent out on my phone as well? Does this also include her incoming SMS text messages as well? What is the text forwarding part that you had mentioned? Both of our phones are through rogers as we're all under the same plan with rogers. Can you please give me details of the text forwarding, thank you!

Good afternoon @Teneaka,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

I totally understand the need to monitor your daughter's usage.

The Copy feature allows you to send a copy of a text message to an email address or to your wireless phone number.

The Text Forward feature allows you to forward text messages to an email address or another wireless phone number. However, This feature only works when forwarding text to another Rogers Wireless number.

You can access your Extreme Text Messaging features through the MyRogers app. 

1. Open the MyRogers app on your device.
  2. Tap your wireless number.
  3. Tap Extreme Text Messaging Features.

You can adjust the following options:

• Distribution Lists
  • Copy
  • Text Forward
  • Text Auto Reply
  • Personal Signature

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

I've Been Here Awhile

Is it true that Rogers extreme text messaging is being disabled in January?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @KDT

Yes it's true. The statement by another Rogers MOD on another thread says it too. So it's official
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm not impressed as this was one of the selling features of staying with Rogers services.  Can't they fix the issues they are having???

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @KDT

From the sounds of it not to many of their customers were using it and most likely would be costly to have it running / fix the issue. Remember they have another company that takes care of the Extreme texting servers. So they decided to just end it