Rogers Email Servers Set To Wrong Time?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Rogers Email Servers Set To Wrong Time?

The last couple of days I've noticed all my incoming mail is displaying the wrong time. .... approx 6 hours ago.  I've checked my system clock and the time on my online spam filtering service, Spamcop, all correct.  Sent test mails...correct time leaving me, and arriving on the Spamcop servers but when I pop them out they all show this weird earlier time.

I've tried Vista Windows Mail and Outlook and Incredimail, all the same.   I've also lodged a query with Spamcop.

Any ideas?

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

***edited labels***

Peter
Toronto
Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Rogers Email Servers Set To Wrong Time?

Well, whatever it was has been fixed.   It apparently was a server clock maladjustment somewhere at Spamcop, my spam filtering service.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Let's start with something fairly stupid: is your computer set to the right time zone?

Highlighted

Yes, as I said, I've checked everything.  It has to be a server somewhere that has its clock out of whack.  It's either at Rogers (unlikely as I haven't seen anyone else complaining) or at Spamcop who filter all my incoming mail and they did have a major server breakdown 3 days ago, so I've also asked them to check.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

I don't know enough about this 'Spamcop' thing and how it works to be able to comment, but I'd be inclined to look there, yes. Maybe they made a typo in a time zone setting when they fixed that server problem...

Have you gone over all of the headers, all the Received: lines, etc., looking for the first sign of a broken clock or wrong time zone?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just did a test from my work corporate email to my Rogers account. iPhone to iPhone mail app. Time did appear correct.

Though I am sure there is more than one server, could just be one effected.

Highlighted

Thanks.  It'll sort itself out soon I hope.  It isn't a big issue really, just a curiosity.

Yes Vivienm I checked all that and came  up empty handed.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted

Well, whatever it was has been fixed.   It apparently was a server clock maladjustment somewhere at Spamcop, my spam filtering service.

Peter
Toronto, Downtown

Peter
Toronto

View solution in original post