Rogers E-Mail Service: Yahoo.Rogers (Totally Sucks)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers E-Mail Service: Yahoo.Rogers (Totally Sucks)

Rogers E-Mail Service:  Yahoo.Rogers  (Totally Sucks)

I have been using the internet, since “the very beginning”, when “dial up” phone service, was first introduced and started.

Many years back, before Rogers even had internet service, I used a “direct connection” to the internet, using a direct “internet provider”.  

(Sentex.ca) = (Now providing Ontario & Quebec).

At the very beginning of Rogers internet, (E-mail Service), internet subscribers were required to use their “first & last” name, (First & Last Name) @ Rogers.com

A “hackers” come true, tracing your “direct” location. (IP address & Personnel Name & Email Address).

At the very beginning of Rogers internet, (E-mail Service), Rogers was using a direct internet provider from California, called “Sun”.

After this “main” internet provider (Sun - California, USA) was seriously hacked into,

(I Wonder Why ?)

Why did Rogers “drop” this client, being a Rogers “direct” internet provider.

(Da). 

Facts:

Rogers internet, does “Yes” connect you to the “Internet”.

Rogers internet, does “NOT” have any “Direct” connection, to an “Internet Provider”.

-OR -

You would be able to use any “custom” E-mail software programs, “correctly”.

Rogers internet , is using a “SECOND” party to connect to the “Internet”.

Rogers internet , is using a “SECOND” party to connect to your e-mail address.

======================================================

For the past “many” years, I was able to only receive the very low end of ADSL internet service,

through my Bell phone line,

Using a “second party” (Sentex.ca).

Bell internet, (ADSL), no longer supports my area. (Bell Service Technician -Tested).

(Canadian Monopolies - For Certain Districts)

I just started using Rogers “Internet”, for the very “first time”. (2013)

I am totally “NEW” to Rogers Internet Services.

I am presently using the new Rogers Modem - Enhanced Wi-Fi. (2013 Software/Modem).

Everything - up till now, is working perfectly. (Great Speed - Perfect & Simple).

I have two (x2) computers connected to the modem, using (RJ-45) cables.

I have one (x1) computer connected to the modem, using Wi-Fi (Restricted to Home Use Only).

Rogers E-Mail Service:  (Total Garbage )

Rogers E-Mail Service:  (Company Service =Totally Sucks)

Rogers E-Mail service = Yahoo.Rogers   (Totally Sucks = Junk)

Rogers E-Mail service = Yahoo.Rogers   (A Second Party = An Internet Browser Site)

Rogers E-Mail service = Yahoo.Rogers   (Full of Advertisements & Junk)

Rogers E-Mail service = Yahoo.Rogers   (Has “NO” advanced e-mail features)

Rogers E-Mail service = Yahoo.Rogers   (No direct communication with any e-mail software programs)

Before using Rogers internet, I have for many years (decades), using the “world standard”,

being connected “directly” to an “internet provider”.

I have fully experienced all of the advanced e-mail options that are presently supplied.

(Presently = Not Provided = When using Rogers Internet).

When using any “advanced” E-mail software program (FACT),

one must be able to be “directly” connect to their internet provider.

A direct internet provider, will allow the advanced e-mail software program to work correctly. (Fact).

My E-Mail Software: (Presently Used)

Thunderbird:  is my present  e-mail software program.

This e-mail software program is now rated as the #1 (Best).

For many years, I have always had a “direct connection” to my internet provider.

Now using a “second party” e-mail server (Yahoo.Rogers ),

my  e-mail software program, (Thunderbird), is “NOT” working / communicating correctly.

My e-mail software program is only sending e-mail’s from my PC to another e-mail sending / receiving “location”.

This second party, Yahoo.Rogers  receives the e-mails and then sends them on.

Rogers - Yahoo : (E-Mail Service)

#1)  Is not a direct internet provider.

#2)  Is a second party, internet “Browser Software” web site. (Again Web Site - Only).

#3)  E-mail software programs, do “NOT” work correctly, when using a second party account.  

#4)  My (Thunderbird) e-mail software program, does “not” work correctly. (No Verification + More)

#5)  E-mail software programs are “ONLY” designed for a direct connection, to your internet provider.

#6)  Rogers Internet does “Not” have any “direct” excess, to the internet (Fact).

#7)  Why must I use Rogers Yahoo, that keeps sending me log in, errors ?

#8)  Why must I use a cheap software  e-mail program,  full of advertisement ?

#9)  Why am I now required now to use Yahoo.ca?  (Yahoo - Kick Backs - for Rogers).

=========================================================

Conclusion:

#1) I will “not” become a Yahoo.ca user, just for Rogers.

#2) I only have x1 (one) e-mail account on Rogers Yahoo.

This is only for direct communication to Rogers.

I use it for NO “other” e-mail communications. (Second Party - E-Mail Risks)

#3) I still want my “advanced” e-mail software program, to work correctly.

I want to be able to receive “CONFIRMATION” that my e-mail was sent to the “receiver”.

Facts:

#1) Corporations presently using Rogers Internet, can “NOT” use Yahoo.Rogers 

as their main e-mail business provider. (Does Not Work- Professionally).

Corporations require a “direct” internet e-mail connection. (Not a Second Party).

#2) Many corporations presently using Rogers Internet Service,

are now also using another direct “internet” provider, for direct e-mail excess.

Many corporations in Ontario and Quebec are now using (Sentex.ca)  as their main “direct” e-mail server /provider.

#3) I myself, is presently  paying an extra $10.00 per month, to (Sentex.ca)  so I can be “personally” informed that both (x2)

of my e-mail accounts, are 100% true, when sent. (Return Confirmation - Sent).

Special Note:

-          Rogers e-mail service totally sucks. (Yahoo.Rogers). 

-          Going from a direct Internet e-mail provider, to Rogers internet “Browser” e-mail = Total Crap.   

If  “YOU” have always used Rogers internet and  Rogers e-mail service, from the very beginning,

you have “NO” idea what you have been missing.

Like always, (for decades) when it comes to Rogers Internet (E-Mail) service,

it has always been total garbage.

I just “Love” Canadian monopoly owned companies.

Don’t you ?

……  

-END-

P.S.  I do "not" work with or for Sentex.ca

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers E-Mail Service: Yahoo.Rogers (Totally Sucks)

I will not argue the webmail/adds part, etc.

But there is No issues connecting to Rogers mail via any sort of software based email. You do not have to use the webmail.
I have outlook set up on my desktop (on pop) and on my iphone (on imap), my wife's on outlook express.
All log in without an issue, send/receive, etc. the servers are fine in that regard.
Now, they don't support activesync, which some others do, for full calendar and contact sync as well, there is that limitation.

Now in the past I remember some thunderbird users here commenting on some issues with the Rogers email, that it was trying too many requests at a time, and was locking the account requiring them to web login to unlock.

I have been on the Internet as long as you have. I have had a Rogers email address since the BETA of the rogers@home, and never once not been able to use a 3rd party program (used tb, outlook, outlook express, Pegasus mail, as well as cellular ones in iphone, blackberry, and on a Nokia.)

Now, the email in the end, Is housed on yahoo servers, you point to a Rogers address which then routes to the yahoo server. Compared to someone that houses their own email host 100%. Rogers is not the only one that does this, bell is paired with msn/hotmail.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just checked the send/read receipts. Those do not work. This yes could be a limitation of the yahoo servers. It just does not support it.

But sent/read receipts are not universally accepted. I run a full lotus notes sever at work, we have our own smtp server, all mail routin is handled ourselves. Lotus supports the receipts. Internal mail, works fine. Anyone outside? It's a crap shoot. Some exchange server users we get a reply from, but others not. Any ISP email it's just as much of a crap shoot.

And just to clear up, your emails are not sent from yours to a yahoo, then bounced, etc.
you are connecting out to yahoo mail server essentially direct and then out. No step inbetween. No different than a yahoo user would set up pop for their email.

Yes, this is not going out from Rogers direct. Someone receiving would see yahoo servers in the full headers.

I'm an Advisor

I've been with Rogers for over a decade and have always used MS Outlook (the Office version). Before Rogers, I had an email account with another provider for about 4 years. I never use the Rogers/Yahoo web site for sending or receiving emails and my iPhone is set up to connect directly to the Rogers POP and SMPT servers. I NEVER use anything with the name Yahoo in it. I never have issues managing my email via Outlook.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Again:  Rogers E-Mail Service:  Yahoo.Rogers  (Totally Sucks)

Questions;

#1)  Why is Rogers still using a “second party”,  a web browser e-mail service ?

Yahoo.Rogers   (web browser, e-mail service).

#2)  Why is Rogers “not” using a direct internet provider ?

#3)  Why are we as Rogers customers , required to only use “Yahoo.Rogers “ ?

(web browser, e-mail service).

#4)  I do “NOT” use or like “Yahoo”.

Facts:

#1) Rogers does “NOT” have any direct connection, to the internet.

#2) Any advanced e-mail software programs, will “NOT” work “Correctly”, when using “Yahoo.Rogers “ .

#2) Being a Rogers internet user, we/you are “NOT” able to use the world internet e-mail standard.

Conclusions:

#1) Rogers e-mail service, is playing with you.

#2) Rogers e-mail service, prevents you from using any “advanced’” e-mail software programs.

#3) Rogers e-mail service, is keeping Canadians, still using 1980’s e-mail service. 

Canadian Monopolies:

#1) This is what happens, when the Canadian Federal and Provincial Governments,

now “allow” monopolies to operate in Canada.

#2)  This is what happens, when the Canadian Federal and Provincial Governments,

prevent any outside completion.

#3)  Without any “outside” competion, we the “paying” customer, receive the worlds worst service, with the worlds highest fees.  

#4) Again, this is what happens, when the Canadian Federal and Provincial Governments,

prevent any “outside” completion.

Questions:

#1)  Why are we/you, paying the highest ($’s) cable fees, for TV service in the world.

#2)  Why are we/you, receiving the poorest  service, paying the highest cable TV service in the world.

Conclusion:

For many decades, Canadians always “believe” that we are receiving the best product, for the best price and service.

(Totally False - Compared Worldwide).

I know that many do not like the word “Capitalism”, but in the United States, this results in competition, giving the consumer better prices ($’s) and much better service.

In Canada, being a “Scholastic” country, we now allow the Federal Government to control many of our “private” needs and services. (TV & Cell Phones & Internet).

•  allowing corporations to own (monopolies & controlling districts)
  •  allowing corporations to charge us super high fees ($’s)
  •  giving the consumer very poor service
  •  blocking out any foreign outside competition

==============================================

Like always, we as Canadians, will always sit back complaining and do “nothing”,

when it comes to our Federal and Provincial Governments.  

Canadians do the “talk”, but never do the “walk”.

P.S.

I have “never” used any Internet Browser, “E-Mails Servers” Like:

-          Microsoft

-          Google

-          Yahoo

-          Yahoo.Rogers (Now)

Because when using any “second party” e-mail servers, (Internet Browsers),

the world hackers always find many ways to hack into you.

When using  - Yahoo.Rogers, you now allow “full excess” for hackers into your computer.

Yahoo.Rogers - is “NOT” a “secure” (Web Browser)  e-mail server, web site.

Since the beginning of dial up internet, I used a private company e-mail service

and have “never” received a Virus or Trojan. (Fact).  

-ED-

*Edited for content*

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While you are entitled to your opinion, and are not completely incorrect on the fact that yes, the email servers are NOT hosted be rogers..

There are many things, that you are incorrect on.

Yes, maybe some of the 'advanced' email features wont work with rogers.. but i can list many other providers that DO host their own emails.. and guess what? they dont always work there either. 

Yes, if you WANT a rogers email address.. you HAVE to use a the rogers servers, hosted on yahoo.  no on HAS to use this email, it is that users prergitive.  The user NEVER has to touch the web interface.. PERIOD if they never wanted to.
I know 100's of rogers users, who have had rogers as an internet provider, and never once had a rogers email.

Rogers itself, DOES have a direct connection to the internet.  i still dont understand where you are getting that part from.  Unless you are one of the major backbone inernet  providers that connect the world together.. you are always a step away having to travel across someones network for a bit when going from A to B.. that that will happen  in any scenario with any transfer of information, the other end may be just the same.
Rogers itself, IS directly connected to the internet.  The yahoo email servers, are directly connected to the internet. 

The Monopoly card... has ABSOUTELY nothing to do with the email.  Sure rogers is a monopoly in canda, so?  You said it yourself.. its NOT their email.  Its Yahoo's... oh  wait.. yahoo isnt a monopoly ISP in canada.

Really in the end.. the government for something like this? They will do nothing. 
Will the perhaps step in as some point (as they are looking at right now) about metering, etc? Yes.
But not for EMAIL.. there is no STANDARD or nothing to measure by.

Using a web based email.. is there a chance of a web based exploit happening? Sure.
There is also that exact same chance, browsing ANY page on the internet.

You are NOT completely open to HACKERS using web based, any more than any other email provider.

IF the yahoo server itself is hacked.. your account can get hacked.  If your 3rd partys server gets hacked, guess what, your email is hacked.

I have used rogers email since its beta.. and oh, guess what? I havent got a virus either.

While all of your points are not necessarily invalid.. there is alot of false or missconstrued information in it. 

I work in IT, specificaly some of the major points of my job are internet connectivity, PC and server security, running a full lotus notes email server, etc.

In the end...PERIOD, about rogers services as a whole, ineternet, or just their email service.. it is totaly your choice weither you want to use them or not.

I Plan to Stick Around

Gdkitty:  Quoted

Rogers itself, DOES have a direct connection to the internet.  i still dont understand where you are getting that part from.  Unless you are one of the major backbone inernet  providers that connect the world together.. you are always a step away having to travel across someones network for a bit when going from A to B.. that that will happen  in any scenario with any transfer of information, the other end may be just the same.

Rogers itself, IS directly connected to the internet.  The yahoo email servers, are directly connected to the internet.

===========================

My Reply:

You sure said a lot

It does not make any meaning what you have just said.

The internet only uses telephone lines, when it comes to world Internet “standards”.

This also includes “all” world e-mail standards.

Of course, I know that Rogers, a cable company, is directly connected to the “Internet”.

I am presently connected to the internet, using Rogers internet.  (Coaxial Cable).

At the very beginning, when Rogers cable service first started, they rented and used Bell telephone lines.

Now Rogers uses their own cable lines.

Many older areas, are still only supplied with the “old”  RG11 Coaxial Cable (2 wire cable).

Only newer areas, are supplied with a fiber optic cable.   (50/125 Cable).

“Again”,  at the very beginning, Rogers Internet used a “direct” internet provider (first party connection).

This first party connection allowed “all” e-mail software programs to work correctly.

A  (first party connection) is being “directly” connected to the internet.

Presently we are no longer being “directly” to the internet.

Rogers is now using a “second party, internet provider”.

Presently Rogers Internet is connecting their users to the “internet”

-BUT -

Is now using a (second party connection) (internet connection - e-mail server).

That is why anyone now using Rogers Internet, cannot use any “advanced” e-mail software programs.

Any and all advanced e-mail software programs will “NOT” work “correctly”, when using a second party server, like internet e-mail server. (Rogers, Yahoo).

Advanced E-mail Software Programs:

-  “private” advanced e-mail software programs, now offer  “extra” e-mail security. (Fact).

-  “advanced” anti-virus  software programs, work directly with e-mail software programs. (Fact).

Rogers Internet (E-Mail):

- we are now “blocked” from Rogers, from using any advanced e-mail software programs.  (Why?)

- we are only offered to use a “second party” - (Browser Program), e-mail server (Why?)

=================================

Questions:

#1)  Who is Rogers internet, using as their “main frame” internet provider  (Phone Line -Provider) ?

#2)  Why does Rogers internet, (Prevent Us), the users, to have a “direct  UP  link”, for our  e-mails ? 

#3)  Why can we only use Rogers.Yahoo  (Simple Free - Browser  E-mail Server) ? (Crap) !

Facts:

#1)  Bell Phone, supplies “all” of the areas, that Rogers internet supplies.  (Ontario)

Conclusion (#1):  (Rogers Internet)

#1)  We can “NOT” use any “advanced” e-mail software programs  (Thunderbird  - Software)

#2)  We can “only” use a second party server, (Browser Program), Yahoo.

(Totally sucks, garbage and decades behind world e-mail standards)

#3)  We can “only” use a second party server, (Browser Program), Yahoo.

(Prone to internet hackers and is  “NOT”  a secure e-mail server)

Conclusion (#2):  (Advanced = E-Mail Service and Advanced Security)

#1)  For my private e-mail security, I only use  “advanced”  secure E-Mail software programs.

#2)  For my private e-mail security, I “now” only use a (Direct Phone Line Link) (Sentex.ca)

#3)  Rogers / Yahoo e-mail service, is a total second party e-mail provider

= Advertisement and is “Not” a “Secure”  e-mail provider.

#4)  Rogers / Yahoo, has been recently hacked into. (Fact).

Facts:

#1) Rogers Internet, is “preventing us”, the consumer,

from using any “advanced” e-mail software programs. (Fact)  

#2) Rogers Internet, is “keeping us”, the consumer,

to use the 1980’s era e-mail software.  (Fact)

#3) Not till you have fully experienced  being “Directly” connected to the “Internet”,

(Like Me) using a direct (First Party)  ADSL, phone connection,

do you actually know what you “missing.

#4) Rogers Internet  (A Monopoly)  is charging us, very high fees ($’s),the  highest in the world

and supplying us, the consumer, with very poor service for the ($).

Again:

#1) I am now required to pay extra funds ($’s) to a “direct” internet provider, a second party (Sentex.ca),

so I can use  an “advanced” secure e-mail software program”, on a secure internet web site.

#2) The Provincial and Federal Governments are now allowing “monopolies” to control prices and

services presently provided.

#3) The Provincial and Federal Governments are also preventing any “outside” competition. (Fact).

Why are there so many postings, about Yahoo “Hackers” ?

Sure does not look like a “secure” browser e-mail web site.

I rest my case.

………………………………………….

**edited for content**

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Onestly Ed1952, I do not know where u get your information and facts from?

A lot of the things you are talking about makes no sense to people who have actually built the infastructure like my self, who actually have been working in the industry for a very long long time. 

A lot of the things you say make no sense and is false.  Were blocked from using Advanced services? what in gods name are you talking about? second party  connection? umm care to explain what u mean by that? got any facts to back it up?

Also care to explain how Rogers, a CABLE company is using Bell lines? RG11? when theyre actually called RJ11?  I was a rogers internet subscriber from day one, when they first launched they were called Rogers@Home, and they never used RJ11, they used Coaxial f-type cable, and the modem was definitely a CABLE modem using ROGERS lines not Bells,  so i beg to differ.

It seems you are trying to confuse/trick people on here, why not just give people the truth instead? a lot of people can tell your lying becuse none of the things you say make any sense. 

I can use any email program i want with rrogers theyre not pointing a gun to my head. so stop giving false info.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Is Rogers using a 2nd party email. Yes.

It has nothing to do with their Internet connection, they are directly connected to te rest of the Internet. They have always used single cable coax. (I have had cable tv since day one, via coax, as well was on the Rogers @home beta, also coax). Rogers has never used bell lines.

And saying tha te Internet runs on telephone lines? Yes, at first when it first came out.
This is NOT the case anymore for probably 20 years.
Most Internet connectivity between providers which form the 'Internet', is all fiber or similar NOT telephone lines.

Did Rogers change their email from being directly hosted, to hosted on yahoo? Yes.
Does this mean there is a extra step in getting to the email on the path it takes? Yes.

Rogers is not preventing ANY software from being used, any of them can connect to it (which you continue to say it can't). Is it missing some features like read receipts? Yes, but that's server limitations. Some have it some don't.

Yes some yahoo email was hacked, this yes was done via the web interface. Is it a risk? Only if you use it. Which again you never have to.

Again please stop spreading miss information

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yahoo is hosting rogers email,   is there a problem with it?  umm no,  guess what? lots of isp is doing this? microsoft is hosting bells email,    guess what?  comcast, time warner, at&t, they all do the same thing.

for email to work there needs to be a server, it does not matter who hosts it, if its on yahoos network, or microsofts,  guess what? yahoo and microsoft have more rhobust email servers with loadbalancing, multiple geolocations, redundancy, etc than rogers could ever afford to do,    so its more of a GOOD thing rather than a negative thing,  rogers also has their own server address for email they give their customers but i used yahoos imap servers and it also worked, you know what that means?  if one goes down i have another as a backup.  and i feel happy knowing that.