Rogers Dropping HD NET

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murray1
I've Been Around

Re: Rogers Dropping HD NET

This is disturbing, it is our favourite channel, once again we are getting nickeled and dimed by rogers.

Dexter_Moncton
I've Been Here Awhile

you know that will never change and where are our 3d channels

evoaudio
I've Been Around

I cancelled my Bell Expressview last year due to HDNet leaving, and came to Rogers.  Now I will be canceling Rogers, and going to Shaw Direct.  My wife told me we had to switch because she can't miss Inside MMA with Bas Rutten, and Kenny Rice.  I emailed Shaw, and they told me they had not heard of any changes to HDNet from their lineup, but they would forward my concerns to their marketing department, and get back to me if they heard anything different.

jeanmetcalf
I've Been Around

HDNet is one of my top channels too. I hope Rogers reconsiders or I'm off to Shaw. We've been with Rogers for decades but this decision will forced me to make the move.
waymur
I'm Here A Lot

I'm not an employee of Rogers in any way shape or form but I did a little research before adding this reply and it looks like lots of cable carriers USA and Canada have dropped or will drop HDNet, which is owned, in part by billionaire, Mark Cuban.

I believe that Rogers will replace HDNet with FX Canada which is a rebrand of Fox's FX Channel in the US.

I've noticed that several customers complain about the rates charged by Rogers (mine entering into the $200+ range).  For most of my working career CRTC was an Pain in the A** that just will not die and disappear.  Rogers merely takes advantage of the favourable climate that CRTC provides to them (cable substitution, incredibly large and lucrative monopoly service area).

Bureaucracies like CRTC (LCBO and many more) are the reason why Canadians pay almost DOUBLE for things like cable services (and beer/liqueur).  Take the opportunity and always vote.  It is the only way to FIRE the politicos that rule with no consideration for the people they serve.

neilrieck
I've Been Around

I know people who left Bell ExpressVu and went to Rogers when Bell pulled the plug on HD NET. Maybe Rogers customers should move over to Shaw Direct. Over the years I have really enjoyed Sunday Afternoon concerts, Dan Rather Reports, and NASA on HDnet (although with no more manned NASA launches that last one is someone redundant). And just how the **bleep** is my wife going to watch Svetlana?

sputnik
I've Been Around

Here is the official reply from Rogers on why its being cancelled:

"...The removal of HDNet is a business decision. We do apologize for any
inconvenience this may cause. ..."

I am definitely dropping the HDTV Specialty package effective Nov 1st, as HDNET is the only reason I subscribe to it. 

By having it as part of the package, Rogers really doesn't know what revenue they get from it vs. other channels in

the package.  How can they negotiate with HDNET if they don't have this info?  Why not separate HDNET and make it a $5 option for subscribers?  Then they'll have real $ data to negotiate for future contracts.

Morticia
I've Been Around

So where do we go to tell them we are not happy about this? The new season of Drinking Made Easy just started.

shake416
I've Been Here Awhile

how is this a sound 'business' decision....?...your keeping the Sunset Channel, the Swiss Chalet Channel?...and HDNET is gettin axed???............it has the best MMA programming on tv....get rid of some other crappy channels and keep this one...or a least make it an option....i love FX too....its Always SUnny, Louis, Archer....thats great....but keep HDNET .... please.

shake416
I've Been Here Awhile

...but lets be real....Rogers doesnt really care what we want.....its a business , that we support and make them millions of dollars....we are all suckers.....so its going to get cut....protest, petition...whatever...its not going to change a thing....