Rogers Dropping HD NET

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Dropping HD NET

I received the same garbage form letter the other day in response to my concerns.

I'm a Senior Advisor

After reading posts here and elsewhere and learning that the fault might actually lie with HDNET and not Rogers, I emailed HDNET to see what they had to say. This was their reply:

We share your disappointment. We made Rogers what we thought was a terrific offer to keep HDNet on - including a very large reduction in the price. They were not interested.

We hope Rogers will re-consider, but in the meantime please check out our web page for alternatives:

http://www.hdnet.ca/tv/

Rogers reply to me when I asked them was that it was a "business" decision. Take it for what it is worth!

I've Been Around

HDNet is being pulled off of all networks and providers.  This is not an exclusive Rogers issue.  Mark Cuban, the owner of HDNet has stated  that he plans to offer is as an online subscription only from Nov 1 and on.  If you have a gripe or concern on this issue, I suggest you write HDNet or Cuban himself.  I am also bummed about this as this was the father channel of HD.

I've Been Around

Recently learned of Rogers plan to drop HDNet as of Nov 1st. Very disappointing if this does happen. Paying a good dollar each month to have access to such television. Losing a network of this caliber with excellent programming such as Dan Rather Reports, HD Net World Report, Paul Merton, Sunday Concerts, to name a few. What is Rogers reasoning?? The only statement I've seen from Rogers is on the Channel Guide "We regret the inconvenience this may cause", then why do it?

I Plan to Stick Around

Personally, I think both HDNet and Rogers are to blame.  Both of them care more about their profits than their customers/audience.  If and when a'la carte becomes a reality we'll always be at at the mercy of these money mongers.  If I didn't have a wife and kids who rely on just a few channels I would never have a subscription to anything but Internet.   With online streaming and OTT offerings w/online services providing on-demand growing in popularity this may force providers to offer a'la carte.  Here's hoping..

I Plan to Stick Around

love the channel please keep it.

I've Been Around

Both HDNet and Rogers should be ashamed of themselves for not working through their differences. 

Why does Rogers not pass on the price increases like they have with other things in the past. 

On the HDNet side, they need to not be so concerned about padding their bottom line. 

Whatever happened to the customer always being right or at the very least - customer service.  Two multi-million dollar companies that cannot resolve their differences like a couple of children. 

Give the consumer the option to pay for it, if they don't, then the consumers have spoken and then you can drop the channel. 

I challenge Rogers to prove me wrong, but, I expect nothing will be done.  If it wasn't for my children, HDNet would be my home channel.  I love the programming and there are too few HD channels that actually have 100% HD programming.

I Plan to Stick Around

I think this is a mee too effect.  A lot of sattelite and cable companies across Canada and the US have dropped this channel.

I've Been Around

I'm not taking too much stock into what HDNet is saying about a reduced price, considering a lot of other carriers didn't find the cost of carrying them too compelling...

I've Been Around

This is very irritating.  HDNET offers programming that cannot be found anywhere else. 

Dan Rather Reports, In focus, Concert Series, and more free MMA than all other networks combined. This is the reason I purchased the extended HD package.

Please reconsider....