Rogers Dropping HD NET

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Rogers Dropping HD NET

Is this a case of monkey see, monkey do? Bell dropped HD NET and now Rogers has announced they are doing the same thing effective November 1, 2011? Why? HD NET has some great programming not found anywhere else. Hopefully there is something that could be done to get Rogers to reconsider.

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Rogers Dropping HD NET

Diss right when the new season of Get Out! starts Smiley Sad
I Plan to Stick Around

I can't find any official announcement but there is talk about it on DigitalHome.

I don't really care about the MMA/Fights but will miss the concerts and the "Guys Night In" shows. At least there are other ways to watch the shows that I want (not just the HDNet shows) and Rogers just keeps making it more attractive to cut the cable.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I found the announcement on my latest bill. I think it sucks. It is a part of the HD Specialty Pack. Will Rogers at least replace this station with something else?

I've Been Around

Is Rogers dropping their monthly rate if they are dropping a HD channel. Think not. What is their reasoning for dropping this channel? Rogers are putting me another step closer to switching to satellite.

I'm a Senior Advisor

It really would be nice to hear something from Rogers on this issue!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ifthey dont replace the station, then i think a lowering of the hd specialty pack is also a good suggestion

I've Been Around

I just checked Shaw Direct programming and HD Net is part of their extra HD bundle $5.99 per month but also includes HD HGTV and other HD channels we don't get with Rogers. There's no talk anywhere on their site of dropping HD Net like there is on this site. I've just emailed them to ask about their programming and when their other services (phone and intenet) are coming to London - will let you know what they say when I get a reply.

I've Been Around

This is complete garbage. We are TV, we are the customer, we are the voice, we are the reason ROGERS is doing so well. So that being said, I DEMAND that HDnet remain in my HD line up!!! Please make a complaint and make your voice heard. Call and speak to an agent and tell them what you would like to be done. Pass this message on or someone make a Facebook page and get the word out.

I've Been Around

Agreed, HDNet is my favorite channel, my default "on" channel. This sucks bad.