Rogers Disloyalty

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eyadsobh
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers Disloyalty

My mom has been with Rogers longer than I can remember. When she had bought the new iPhone 5s she had broken it on our vacation to Mexico. We had called Roger's customer service line and all they could do was show us attitude. The fact that she had just bought the phone and had accidentally fell into the water on our vacation and for them to treat us as if we were just another client, was shocking. I am not satisfied and it pains me to see her stress over the predicament.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers Disloyalty

Hello eyadsobh

Rogers can NOT replace or give u another one. You or your mother would have to contact Apple and make a appointment with the genius bar at your closest Apple store. They would have able to examine and see if the phone can be replaced for free OR you would have to be charged to replace it with another one. Rogers can NOT do anything when it come to iPhones. Sadly even tho the phone fell in water, its physical damage in which you will have to pay to get it fixed from Apple, Rogers or any cellphone store. They won't do it for free as it is physical damage via water.

eyadsobh
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you but you have to realize it was Rogers whom we had bought the phone from on a plan with an additional upgrade charge. I know much about Apple and I appreciate your help but there should be a compensation after what we have been through. They have sent us another phone but it is glitchy and won't restart. I do not know your current position in Rogers so it is tough trying to get my word out but we will probably be switching our plans to another company.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello eyadsobh

I clearly understand what your saying believe me i do as i was ONCE in your spot in the start and i clearly understand Rogers sold the device to u BUT Rogers does NOT make the device or manufacturer it. They just sell the device to you as a carrier.. The warranty comes from the manufactorer it self, not carriers. The carrier can choice if they want to fix it for you or not. They do have a location called Flextronics that will check your device out & see if its physical damage or not & repair it free of charge or charge u for the repair. If you break the device, Rogers & other carriers are NOT responsible to fix it for you for free without a charge as its physical damage / luquid damage on the screen. It says this on all the manauls & online.

If u read the manual that u got with the device it says there is a limited 1 year manufacturers warranty. It does NOT say carrier warranty.  If u search on Google, u will see many go to Apple when they have warranties on their iPhones and issues with them. Many carries will just tell you to go to Apple as they deal with it better & have more knowlage & base.  The upgrade charge has NOTHING to do with the phone when it gets damaged. You paid a upgrade fee to get a new phone. That's how it works wit all carriers. The carriers will ONLY send out another device if they approve it via managers and those managers get the approval from Apple. Worked at Apple for a while so i know how it works.

You can send the device back to Rogers OR go to Apple, explain your situation & see what happens. Other then that nothing else can be done sadly. Apple will give you another device ( Same model) which will be tested at the store before you leave unlike Rogers that sends you devices without u testing it first. Always when anyones gets a iPhone i suggest they do all the warranties done via Apple instead of contacting the carrier. Faster / safer & easier.

If you think you should get a discount or a credit , you can speak to Rogers retentions via phone & see what they can do for you. They are the only ones that can offer a credit or a discount on your account. They most likely will if you tell them how the rep was speaking to you. Normal billing reps & tech reps can NOT give out discounts / credits. They do not have the authority to do so. Only Rogers retentions can.

Also i do not work for Rogers.