Rogers Digital TV/Cisco DTA50 Digital to Analog signal converter

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers Digital TV/Cisco DTA50 Digital to Analog signal converter

Has anyone experienced consatnt problems with this box?

It seems like every night I come home my wife is unable to watch her shows. The stupid box always need to be reset. Bearing in mind that the missus is not tech savvy, this becomes my issue when I come home at night!

I have called Rogers tech support the second week I got the box. They sent a repairman a WEEK later. He would not tell me what the problem was - he just chan ged all my connections and said I must have a grounding issue.

GUESS WHAT,  I STILL EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS AFTER!!!!  and the worst part is - everytime the stupid box is reset, the signal is ok again until the next time so Rogers will not do anything about it.

I am so mad right now that I am thinking of discontinuing my cellphone coverage and go with another provider - inyour face Rogers!

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Digital TV/Cisco DTA50 Digital to Analog signal converter

have u checked the signal strength on the problematic box and compared it to the other working boxes in your house hold?

I had a similar issue with one box in particular, and to my amazement, the box ended up being fine, it was a bad splitter, and a bad cable outlet in the house. once I fixed the cable outlet and put a new splitter, the problem went away.

I was able to check the signal strength myself on the box and compare it to the other box downstairs and now the signal numbers are identical

I'm a Regular

I'm having signal problems with this box and that box only for a while now and boy is it annoying epecially when I'm watching a good show,I feel like I'm going to have to ditch watching my fav. shows on tv and just find other ways to watch them.   Thankfully not all channels are digital yet especially AMC because I've been just going back to analog whenever the shows I watch come on.

I'm a Senior Advisor

The only problem I've had with the DTA50 is having to use 2 remotes because with this particular TV the power button can't be made to work on the Rogers remote, plus it doesn't have any picture shape functions. Some channels can be zoomed to fill the screen, while others can't be because it cuts off too much. Also, when a channel is zoomed, the volume bar falls off the bottom, so we always use the original TV remote for volume. Then, of course, somebody will press the "previous channel" button on the TV remote and we get the blue No Signal screen when it goes off channel 3.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario