Rogers Device Upgrades - Being Charged Directly for Taxes

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Device Upgrades - Being Charged Directly for Taxes

Hello Rogers,

I am taking this to the community forums as my wife and I have discussed this with multiple Rogers phone reps over the course of 2 months and the problem has never been corrected. My wife wants me to cancel our services with you and switch to another provider. This is my final attempt at resolving this matter.

I have been a Rogers Business customer for over 2 years now. Approx 2 months ago, I renewed my contract and signed my wife up under my shared business plan (she was on Telus). With that, both of us agreed to each get a new phone and a tablet for her.

Some facts:

- We have a total of 3 devices with Rogers.

- My phone is $80/mo

- Her phone under my plan is $60/mo

- The tablet was "free" and only $10/mo

- Our bill with the share everything plan is approx $150 per month (everything included)

- We COMPLETELY zeroed out our Rogers account upon signing her up under my plan including all connection fees and any previously owed balance, meaning our first bill would be approx $150

Our first bill came in and was $332.44. I called, trying to get to the bottom of the problem. My wife and I have spent hours on the phone with multiple Rogers reps over the past 2 months and not one of them could tell me where the extra $180 came from.

Finally, last week a rep figured it out and we were told that when we signed my wife up, the rep forgot to take off the taxes from our new devices. They said the matter was resolved and they would credit the account accordingly.

I checked my bill online and, to this day, no credit has been given whatsoever.

I'm hesitant to call yet again because I've had such a horrible experience with Rogers customer service over the phone. I've been put on hold and because the business office was closing for the day, the rep never came back. I've been told they'd forward the problem to "the back office" and to expect a call in 1 week that never came. I've been given so much incorrect information all the while the problem is never resolved. This upgrade process has simply been a nightmare and unless Rogers performs a miracle, we're switching providers.

***edited labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers Device Upgrades - Being Charged Directly for Taxes

Hello @awade1

I am very sorry to hear about the poor experience. I would like to help by having a member of our @CommunityHelps team reach out you via Private Message. Please check your inbox on the Community Forums shortly.

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I was emailed and after taking my account info, the rep told me he'd have to get someone from the business dept. to call and wanted to know a good time for them to call me, which I replied "anytime after 4pm 7 days/wk."

I'm now being called 1-2 times/day by an automated system asking me to call the business office.

Guys, I know the business office number. I don't need an automated system calling me at random times (all before 4pm anyway) just to tell me to call the business office.

The very reason I came to these forums is because I've had such a terrible time getting this resolved by the random phone reps whose only intentions are to get you off the phone as quickly as possible, nevermind actually solving the problem.

If you guys can't get a member of management to call me AFTER 4pm to get this overbilling situation resolved, I'm canceling my account with you and taking this issue to an attorney. I've had just about all the hassle I can stand. This will be the last time I deal with Rogers again. Absolutely the worst customer service experience I've ever had.
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @awade1

We apologize that your issue has not been resolved yet. We will have someone from @CommunityHelps take a look and contact you.

@RogersPrasana