Rogers DATA SCAM!!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers DATA SCAM!!!

I have plan using 1Gb for my husband and me.
Since April, i have paid around 200 something and we didnt used over data over 1Gb.
I all they checked my usage and connected wifi at home.
Today i got mse that i used over 6.5Gb data.
Oh my god
What happened..
Please somebody let me know what can i do?
I call them and they said i call again nexy bill cycle aug 3rd.

***Edited Labels.***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers DATA SCAM!!!

What type of phone do you have?

A lot of the andriod phone have a usage thing in them which will show you what was using cellular, and can see if one app was doing something in particular.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

gdkitty is correct, I also own the google android phone and it has a usage thing which shows which app uses data and how much each app uses, if I am noticing a heavy usage on one app I will stop using it all together, problem solved

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I normally use 20-50Gb as my better half likes to upload photos, I purchase music software and upgrades regularly, and my son likes to play free computer internet games. I'll have to monitor that more closely but that's what it is. Anyway, somehow 1.8 Tb was downloaded or uploaded or whatever. Rogers said my wifi got hacked. It happened over +2 days. Is this even possible? Anyhow, given my history, Rogers waived the surcharge. I put in a ticket for an investigation. Now with rogers billing down, I can't monitor my usage. Makes me contemplate switching; though I have been loyal for many service interrupted years; hmm.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I totally agree with you that Roger's has a data scam. I have been fighting with them for 3 months about being charged extra for a data plan. I don't use any aps, nor do I surf or do any streaming. All I do is open the occassional email. Rogers would not tell me where the usuage came from....only that this was what my sim card said. I've decided to monitor my usage for the past 5 days and Rogers usuage report says that I have used 17GB so far this month and yet I have not opened one email or made one phone call. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

i continued calling to rogers until this problem solved.

they keep saying after next bill come out, they can investigate it.

I cant understand that rogers can't investigate right now. Why?

and then they keep asking me to unblock me to use data. it costs 50.00

i feel like rogers intent that rogers make customers inconvenicence and unblock using data.

i asked rogers to rogers can payback me or refund that inconvenicence, but they answer that they can't gurantee refund it.

i have to take inconvenience about im not using data over 6.3Gb till Auf 3rd? 

i now have no choice. i have to wait till Aug 3rd.

somebody has this difficulty? 

i really feel like scammed by rogers.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

, you should re-read the message more carefully. It does not cost 50$ to unlock the data!

With the new wireless code that took effect on December 2nd, 2013. there is now a limit of 50$ of data overcharge on cellphone.

Its great right?

However, it does mean that after you hit the 50$ limit, all data access will be blocked by your provider, to protect you agasint additional charge.

If you see the fifty buck message, it mean you ALREADY have hit the limit, and that you will have to pay that amount as extra on your next bill. If you accept to unlock themessage, you will pay even more and you wont get any other notification.

I suggest you review your plan, unless it was a one-shot fluke, you probably need more data on your plan(it is usually better to pay 20$ extra per month if it make you not going over your data anymore)
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Im searching for people who have had issues while on the " Unlimited Social Networking " plans, regarding data consumption and billing. I realize this is an older plan ( I joined in 2010, and renewed in 2013  ) but if you have experienced difficulties with this plan, in regard to billing, can you please tell me how Rogers responded to your concerns?