Rogers Customer Service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Rogers Customer Service

I had an issue with MyRogers and the On-Line Manager for home phone yesterday (posted in another thread). This is about the service (or lack of) that I received.

First, I called Rogers and the entire menu system had no choice for dealing with on-line account issues other than billing. So, I selected home phone since it was the on-line manager that was not working. After waiting 15 minutes, I finally spoke to a rep and explained the problem. After verifying my info, he then asked me if I was getting a dial tone. (Yes, I am talking to you right now!). I then explained the problem again and he told me he would have to transfer me. OK!

Another 10 minute wait and rep number 2 comes on the line. I go through the whole kit and kaboodle once more only to be told that they cannot help me over the phone and I needed to contact the On-line Chat.

So on to Chat! I connect to a rep who, once hearing my issue says she has to transfer me to another rep. For the next 30 minutes or so, I see the following message on the chat window: Transferring session to another representative. Finally, after 30 minutes I am told that a chat rep will be will me shortly.

Meanwhile, thinking the first chat window had frozen, I started another chat session. The exact same thing happened. Chat rep number 2 also told me that he had to transfer me to another rep and the same thing repeated with the same results. 

So now I have 2 chat windows open (I admit that this was likely a mistake on my part - should have stuck to one, but the frustration was beginning to set in). Another 30 minutes later and no one is actually coming on line to chat. In the past, I have seen an estimated wait time, but last evening, I did not even get that. Finally after an hour, I gave up the wait and closed the windows.

Rogers really should be ashamed that this is the kind of service we get. The on-line chat service is terrible! The fact that customers cannot get help over the phone on some issues is appalling!

Finally, I have one additional question. What if you do not subscribe to Internet (there are a few out there!)? You mean to tell me that Rogers has no way of helping you other than on-line chat? 

***edited labels***

Re: Rogers Customer Service

UPDATE: Got into another chat session this morning and I was told that the online manager only works with IE7 or Firefox 3.6. Honestly, where do they get these people? Who uses IE7 or Firefox 3.6 anymore? I have accessed it with Chrome many times in the past and it is not working right now! Then I got the usual "clear your cache and cookies" line (which I have done BTW). Does anyone in Rogers service really know what they are doing?

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Frazzled ... hang in there. There are numerous ONGOING issues re the functionality within rogers.com and myrogers affecting many users. Im sure it will get resolved soon as I can't imagine a company in this day and age allowing this to continue for so long.
I Plan to Stick Around

As far as the customer service is concerned I've found that you have 2 types of reps ... Those that speak perfect English but are completely out of touch with reality and those you can barely understand but they somehow undetstand you and fix and address your issue. It will get better when Canadians DEMAND better 🙂

Remember to take down reference numbers for bad experiences with customer care.  That reference number can work wonders when lodging your complaint.

@pconeill wrote:
Hey Frazzled ... hang in there. There are numerous ONGOING issues re the functionality within rogers.com and myrogers affecting many users. Im sure it will get resolved soon as I can't imagine a company in this day and age allowing this to continue for so long.

To be honest pconeill, there are numerous issues with things related to Rogers. While I thank you for replying and attempting to make me feel better, I have a hard time imagining Rogers ever getting anything resolved soon! As of the time of this posting, there are still issues with MyRogers and On-line Manager and past experience tells me that Rogers seldom resolves any issue very quickly! 

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation