cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Cisco Explorer 8642HD - losing recordings

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

I'm having an issue where I lose all my recordings when the power goes out or I powercycle my pvr. Is anyone else having this issue?

***Edited labels***

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Rogers Cisco Explorer 8642HD - losing recordings

FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor

Does it happen every time the unit is powercycled? We have had it happen twice now with our 8300HD. I have assumed it was another of the many side eide effects of the firmware update. Anyway, it happened last February and again earlier this week - both times after the box was rebooted. I called Rogers this week and they insisted the only fix was a new box, which was replaced on Thursday. It is too early to tell what is going to happen with that one. We also have and eHDD, and i have read it is more likely to happen when there is an eHDD attached. 

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't have an eHDD, it does seem to happen every power cycle... Sucks...

FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor

I agree Chris. It sucks. The first time it happened to us, we lost over 200 recorded shows. The second time was a little less than that. It is so sad that you have to pay for a service that you are not receiving. It is absolutely beyond my comprhension why Rogers now has both a piece of **bleep** PVR for cable AND a piece of **bleep** SMC modem/router for the Internet. Whatever happened to good customer service?

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor
Let me know how the replacement pvr works.. I'll probably go exchange mine tomorrow or something..

RogersHemal
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Replaceing the PVR should fix the issue.  Very odd that you are loosing recordings.  I have 2 8300 PVR and have never lost a recording in the life span of the device.  I still have a show recorded from 2008.

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

As far as i can tell my 8300 is fine. Just the cisco one...

FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Chris and RogersHemal

We have had the replacement PVR for a few weeks now and though we have not lost all of our shows, we have run into the problem of shows set to record mysteriously disappearing. We have also tried to program shows to record, but were unable to be set. The message came up that there was a scheduling conflict due to 3 recordings at the same time, yet only 2 recordings were shown. A reboot resolved both issues. But every time we reboot, we live in fear that our recordings will once again disappear.

An interesting side note on our replacement PVR. After installing, I noticed that there were programs already recorded on the unit as well as programs set to record. This would suggest to me that the unit was removed from someone else's home and then given to us without being properly checked and refurbished. It is simply unbelievable how Rogers operates!

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor
Well I haven't exchanged my pvr yet but I did grab my 8300HD from the basement and after all this time it still has the Olympics on it 🙂 Sadly though I paused for too long the other day and I can no longer rewind live tv or resume a pause.. i'm sure a powercycle would help but I am way to lazy to crawl behind everything to unplug it.. Hmm come to think of it there is something to do this in the menu.. I'll try that..

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor
Ah well can't find that option...

Rogers Cisco Explorer 8642HD - user manual

gregmcnab
I've Been Around

For some reason I can't seem to program my 8642 PVR anymore. Is there a guide somewhere on how to program this Rogers box?

Thanks

Re: Rogers Cisco Explorer 8642HD - user manual

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello gregmcnad

Here is the User Manual from the Cisco site

http://www.cisco.com/web/consumer/support/settop_8642HD.html

mousetamer
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Give the box a reboot. That might fix your issue.