cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Anyplace "Sorry! This content can only be viewed on your Rogers home Internet network."

familyst
I've Been Around

Hi, 

I just started seeing this ("Sorry! This content can only be viewed on your Rogers home Internet network.") show up on some of the shows we have been trying to watch on Anyplace. I have a few questions, and hope to get some help. 

1) How can this only be viewed on Rogers home internet when we don't even have Rogers for internet...?

2) What is the point of "Anyplace" if we can't watch anything "anyplace" except at home?

I am starting to get extremely tired of this kind of stuff coming from Rogers...

Any help or insight is appreciated.

***Edited Labels***

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Rogers Anyplace "Sorry! This content can only be viewed on your Rogers home Internet network."

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

Are you using the latest version of the app?

This used to be a restriction of what was called "Anyplace TV Home Edition" where you could use a tablet or mobile device as another screen within your home network.

Rogers consolidated all of their apps into one single app, just called Anyplace TV, which should allow you to watch live tv anywhere.

Re: Rogers Anyplace "Sorry! This content can only be viewed on your Rogers home Internet network."

Hello, @familyst.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

Thank you for posting your questions regarding Rogers Anyplace TV in the Community. The Content available and the number of streams vary based on Rogers Digital TV subscription, location, and Internet connection. A Rogers Internet connection that has been consolidated with your Rogers Digital TV account is required for access to your eligible In-home Content. 

You can learn more about Rogers Anyplace TV here and see the available channels available In-home (Rogers Internet) and from anywhere.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

@familyst

It appears your questions were answered but maybe a clarification.

On that link you can see all rhe channels that can be seen at home and the very limited set of channels away from home and return to start for ignite TV users.

Not mentioned here is the variability on on demand availability.

All this is a result of broadcast licensing agreements and whether Rogers feels that the licences is justified on demand usage and license costs.

Anyplace TV is a marketing logo with lots of fine print. No in no way is it anyplace other than you can watch outside of home only those channels Rogers pays licenses too. So actually some TV everywhere and as you learned since you don't have associated internet from Rogers it is all away from home. Fine print gets all of us.

At least they tell us now what is not available away from home that list is new. In past if you asked a rep they didn't know.

Same with the others too.

Bruce

jondoe2
I've Been Here Awhile

I get this message even when I am on my rogers home network

fedup33
I've Been Here Awhile

i too have this issue. tried to get rogers to fix it for months and then gave up because they didn't have a clue as to what they were doing. it was comical at times  good luck!

Hello @jondoe2 & @fedup33,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

Being unable to access your AnyplaceTV service due to these type of errors can definitely get frustrating especially if you are connecting to your home Wi-Fi network.

Is this happening on all of your devices tested thus far or does it only seem to be happening on certain devices? Which platform are you using to access the AnyplaceTV service, Android, iOS, PC, Mac?

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

jondoe2
I've Been Here Awhile

The problem appears on both Mac and PC using the web based access, and on android using the app

Good afternoon @jondoe2 and @fedup33!

I would like to investigate this error directly and try to reproduce it myself. If we can reproduce it, we may need to escalate a ticket to have it resolved for you.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps so we can look into this further. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

valeriem1
I've Been Around

this simply is not true. 

Hello @valeriem1,

Welcome to the Community!

In order for us to assist you we would need a little bit more info from you. Are you getting the same error message as mentioned in this thread? Is Rogers Anyplace TV working for you via the browser? What device are you getting this error on?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

Ihrsm
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, I'm suddenly getting this message when I try to access many channels on the Rogers Anytime on my home computer. I've been using it without this issue for many, many months but was suddenly shut out from using most of the channels yesterday and it continues today. 

Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Hello @Ihrsm,

We appreciate you being a part of our community and thank you for your first post! 🙂

It's disappointing to hear that access to certain channels you once enjoyed are now being revoked. I'm sure this came as quite a surprise! Just some further clarification needed, if you don't mind...

1. Have you recently made any changes to the settings on your computer that may have affected your access to the Rogers Anyplace TV website? 

2. Have you recently made any changes to your Rogers TV services? (Package change, adding/removing channels or theme packs, etc.).

3. Are you able to try logging into Anyplace TV using a different computer or via the app on a device to see if the same issue occurs?

We look forward to your response!

RogersLaura

Re: Rogers Anyplace "Sorry! This content can only be viewed on your Rogers home Internet networ

Ihrsm
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi RogersLaura, 

No changes to my service or my settings and I am unable to access the channels on other devices. Seemed to happen out of the blue. One day it was fine; the next, not so much.

Re: Rogers Anyplace "Sorry! This content can only be viewed on your Rogers home Internet networ

Hello, @Ihrsm

Thanks so much for that additional information. If this is happening on all of your devices all of a sudden then there could be an issue with your profile. We may need to send a signal to refresh your subscriptions. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

zomby
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello, I am getting the same thing. I have Popular TV, I was trying to load some channels like TSN, Sportsnet and its not loading: I get "sorry you can only watch content that is included in your package 1401". When I verify my TV box, no problems its working. So why suddenly it stopped working from the Anyplace TV. I try several devices, its the same for all devices. I am sure Rogers did something wrong with their latest update patches. Please fixed.

jondoe2
I've Been Here Awhile
Well at least you are getting an error. Channels that worked a week or so back are now not even in the list to choose from in the guide.

Greetings @zomby & @jondoe2,

I hope both of you have been keeping safe and are doing well. 🙂

Being unable to access the content you'd like on the Anyplace TV app can be quite the disappointment, especially if these are channels that you currently subscribe to with your Rogers cable TV service. 

It sounds like you are able to access some channels but not all. By any chance, have you spoken to anyone from our technical support team to report the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you attempted thus far? (If applicable). Please try logging all the way out of the app, clearing your app cache and then logging back in again. Let me know if that fixes it!

If still no luck and the same issue persists across multiple devices then there could be a few different causes, but we'll need to have a closer look to confirm. Feel free to send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps and we can investigate this further for you. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you!

RogersLaura

zomby
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello, I got it working. The only solution is to delete the IOS app. Re-installing it, login again and now it works. Sometimes the app updates doesn't work unless the app gets re-installed. Hope the future updates gets better. P.S. I hope to see Anyplace TV on Andoid OS has well. 

sskl1998
I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same issue on some US channels and even TVO.  I am definitely on the Rogers home network.  It used to work when my IP address started with 99.xxx.   My IP address now starts with 173, not sure whether this could be the issue.

supremepower
I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same problem
Rogers is the worst only reason not going to bell is the speed of internet is to slow in my area
When I called they also had no clue. Happens on all devices all platforms fix the problem.

Topic Stats