Rogers Anyplace TV not working with older Mac pre-Intel –Flash Player requires it

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers Anyplace TV not working with older Mac pre-Intel –Flash Player requires it

Hi there,

I'm new here to the community and to Rogers Internet, and I just have a question regarding Rogers Anyplace TV (or Rogers On Demand Online).

I have an older computer –an Apple G4 Desktop running Tiger OS 10.4.11, and I do not have a tablet or laptop to connect to this service. I would like to access Rogers On Demand Online, and ran the test on that site to see if my computer was compatible –everything checked out okay, except that I didn't have the version of Adobe Flash Player 10.3 (minimum) that is required. I tried to download this program from their site –it said version 10.3 was compatible w OS 10.4.9 and above, but only with an Intel chip, which my computer does not have.

I do not wish to upgrade my computer yet, and any later OS requires an Intel chip.

I spoke with Rogers Tech Support, and they thought that different software such as Real Player might work, but couldn't specify a version.

I was just wondering if anybody has had a similar problem with older hardware and having to use a version of Real Player or some other kind of software, and whether or not it would work (I don't know if I would have to purchase the software before trying it out with Rogers On Demand Online).

Thanks

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV not working with older Mac pre-Intel –Flash Player requires it

That tech was a little.. wrong.  Real player would not help in any form for an issue like this.

If the site needs flash.. it needs flash..

Unfortunately.. you are running into something ALOT of mac users had run into, durring the change from the powermacs to the intel chips.

ALOT of the software for the mac, which came out after they switched over, the new versions do not work.  Ran into this on a work MAC here.. and ended up just buying a new one.. there litteraly was no other way 😞

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV not working with older Mac pre-Intel –Flash Player requires it

Hello All,

Does anyone have any suggestions for RogerTheDodger's issue?

If so please don't be shy 🙂

RogersAlicia

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That tech was a little.. wrong.  Real player would not help in any form for an issue like this.

If the site needs flash.. it needs flash..

Unfortunately.. you are running into something ALOT of mac users had run into, durring the change from the powermacs to the intel chips.

ALOT of the software for the mac, which came out after they switched over, the new versions do not work.  Ran into this on a work MAC here.. and ended up just buying a new one.. there litteraly was no other way 😞

View solution in original post