cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Anyplace TV app is not working in Android 7.0

robinrobin
I Plan to Stick Around

After I upgraded my LG G5 to Android 7.0, Rogers Anyplace TV app stopped working.

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV app is not working in Android 7.0

Alex4161
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@robinrobin

What exact problem are you having?  I did find the app to have some issues a few days ago under Android 6 so it may not be OS related.  

What you can try is to uninstall the app and reinstall it to see if it works.

Thanks 

robinrobin
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for reply, but I'm talking about Android 7.

Uninstall-reinstall doesn't work.

Hi @robinrobin,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you still not able to access the app? What error message are you getting? Have you been able to access the service on alternate platforms?

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia

robinrobin
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Zia,

I'm still not able to access the app on my LG G5 with Android 7.0.

Error message:

Unfortunately, Anyplace TV has stopped.

I am able to access the service on other devices with older version of Android.

Thanks.

Hello, @robinrobin

There are no other reported incidents of RAP TV app not working on Android N. I'm wondering if you have installed the correct app. I suggest uninstalling the current app from your phone and follow the link to install the app from Play Store. 

Please update the Community of the outcome. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

robinrobin
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Moin,

I can find lots of complaints from Google Play Store indicating it's not working on Android N. Why did you say that no other reported incidents?

Here are some:

https://www.screencast.com/t/7koeV2qRFT

screenshot.png

Hello, @robinrobin

@robinrobin wrote:

Hi Moin,

I can find lots of complaints from Google Play Store indicating it's not working on Android N. Why did you say that no other reported incidents?

My apology for the confusion. I meant the incidents reported to us directly, like by calling, chatting or over the social media. 

Are you still getting the same error you have mentioned in the previous post? Please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps so that we can troubleshoot and take the next step. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

robinrobin
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Moin.

Message sent to CommunityHelps.

@robinrobin - You're Welcome. Thank you for your patience and understanding. We'll get back to you, please keep any eye on your PM box. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Not working. Jan 25 very irritating in 2017 since it worked fine in 2012....... 1 step forward 2 steps back.

Hello, @RabbitStew92

Thank you for joining the Rogers Community Forums and posting your concern. I appreciate your patience, would you please provide more details as to what exactly happening? Like the app is not launching, the video is not playing etc.

Have you tried reinstalling the RAP TV app after the Nougat update? The app link on the Play store. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

tashb
I've Been Around

I am also not able to open the app. I uninstalled and re-installed and I receive the following error, I also cannot open the app on my iPad. All I want to do is program my PVR. This is why people are abandoning cable tv in droves. 

rogers-error.png

LGG6 Anyplace Tv app was working with regular tv box, but now that I upgraded to pvr, it no longer lets me sign in, on any device, or pc. Bell is offering me a better deal, done with Rogers telling me they need to send yet another tech out to "fix" the issue. 

Hello @doug_bonner,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how frustrating it can be when parts of your service are not working properly especially when it comes to Apps that enhance your TV watching experience. 

We would like to test a few things on our end and try to get this resolved without having a technician out to your home. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can take a closer look.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

RogersTony

Mine was working fine a week ago and just stopped working. I reinstalled to no avail.

android V7 on a Huawei P10 lite. Just won't load

Bill

Hello, @bbkewsick

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

I appreciate posting your concern in the Community. I use the RAP TV app on my phone quite frequently so I see how irksome it can be if the app is not launching. 

Thank you for reinstalling the app, it's a good troubleshooting step. When you click on the app and it's not launching usually means it's already running in the background. Have you tried closing the app from the background?

I suggest clearing the app data/cache, closing all the background apps and restarting the phone. Once the phone has booted up, try launching the app. 

Keep us posted on the outcome. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Cbecker
I've Been Here Awhile

So far the Rogers Anywhere TV app is only working on 1 of my 3 devices.

Blackberry running Android 7 - works

Acer tablet running android 6 - not working

Android 5 set top device - not working

For the devices not working, the app installs and loads, but trying to watch a video causes a blank screen with no video.  No crash, just nothing.  

My suspicion is that the app on Android 5 and 6 doesn't work because the region/location check methodology is different, so it can't "authenticate" properly.  The other thing to note is it works on the phone using wifi, but not the other devices, which are on a LAN.  (I.e. Bandwidth or wifi wasn't a problem.)

I'm also not happy I can't run something similar on an Xbox anymore either -I'd run on those platforms instead of Android. A PS4 app would be nice, too, as an alternate.

Not impressed.

13DP13
I've Been Around

Recently installed the anyplace tv app on my samsung tab 4. It worked for a day then ever since I've been getting the error message "the page is unable to load right now. Restart the app or try again later".

I've waited for days, restarted the app a million times, uninstalled and reinstalled the app just as much and still nothing.

The tablet's software is up to date as well.

I've been searching the web for a solution but have found none. So here I am.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cbecker
I've Been Here Awhile

I'd try uninstalling, then clearing the cache.

• "Wipe cache partition. Press and hold the Power key, Home key and Up Volume key at the same time. Release all of the keys when the Android image appears. Press the Down Volume key to select Wipe cache partition."

Then try re-installing again. 

The fact that it worked for a day seems to indicate something changed or corrupted.  The above might help.

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 in conversation