Rogers Anyplace TV and PVR Play Back

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers Anyplace TV and PVR Play Back

Can the content saved on my PVR be played on my IPad? When I select my show on my PVR and press play from PVR nothing happens. Please help. Thanks

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV and PVR Play Back

No there is no way to play back the pvr content on any other devices than the boxes themselves at the time.
(It is something they want to do, but can't yet)

That button on the app is supposed to, when the pvr is on in front of you, start playing it on the pvr. (Like an alternative remote)

I Plan to Stick Around

The interesting part is that you could watch your recorded shows on your iPad for about a week or so.  I can't remeber the date of when this occured but the downside to it was that it used up your internet bandwidth because the data flowed out of your PVR back to Rogers and then was sent back to your home internet.  This seems like a bad solution when the box/data is already in your home.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think that is why they abandoned it.. doubling up on data, etc.

Until/unless they tie in the box into your home network.. likely not going to be an enabled feature.

I've Been Here Awhile

Does anyone know if this is possible yet? The answers I have found mostly indicate that they are working on it. But most answers are old. I would just like to watch what I have recorded on the PVR on my iPad in another room.
Any info?
Thanks

I'm a Senior Advisor

@guelphguy wrote:
Does anyone know if this is possible yet? The answers I have found mostly indicate that they are working on it. But most answers are old. I would just like to watch what I have recorded on the PVR on my iPad in another room.
Any info?
Thanks

Not yet possible.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

you need slingbox to do this.