Rogers Anyplace TV Tablet App

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV Tablet App

Re-read my post.

I am looking for the Rogers Anyplace TV Tablet app at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Rogers.OnDemand and not the non-tablet version.  The non-tablet version does NOT work on WiFi...only 3G.

The tablet version does not show up when searching for it from some devices.  When you navigate directly to it using the above link, it will say that the app is incompatible with your device.  This is due to Google Play filters that were configured for this app, for some reason.  It's like saying that Angry Birds only works on ICS on the LG Optimus G 2600 and only letting those users find the app and download/install it.  If there were no filter I could find and download it to try it.  If it did not work properly, I would not use it.  If it did, I would be happy.

Meowmix, if you cannot provide the app I'm looking for, please do not post any further responses and thank you for sharing your experiences.

If anyone else can post the app or a link to the app, as this thread is about, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I understand that BUT the tablet app as you said is not compatible with the tablet you have. I suggest stop telling others what to do and see it for your self.

There is a reason WHY the tablet version is not showing up Beacuse its not supported for that tablet. How many times have you and I said that? No one else can provide you the app because its not supported. One would understand that...

Also I am able to post here AS I had this tablet before and know the app won't work. Its funny how one tries to help and this person complains / is rude...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hold on, how did you try it if it doesn't show up on the tablet you tried it on?  You must have tried the non-tablet app.

Also, the description says that it may work on other tablets.  I'd like to try it on my tablet...that's all.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Vim please just give it up or buy a tablet that will work with this specific app. Its not even that great anyway, another money grab from rogers.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello vim

I tested the app on my iPad mini & then on my Mediapad. When i tried to download & install it, it gave me the  " Incompatible " error.

I would ALSO suggest reading the description again. I wonder if you missed this where it says:

"Rogers Anyplace TV Tablet app is available for Android Honeycomb (3.0+) Tablets Only.

Currently Rogers Anyplace TV On Demand Tablet is supported on the following Android tablets:
• Samsung Galaxy 10.1
• HTC Jetstream
• LG Optimus Pad
• Acer Iconia

This app may work on other Android devices not listed above but it has not been designed or optimized for them. They are currently unsupported."

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Rogers.OnDemand&hl=en

So you see, your tablet is not supported. Rogers does NOT guarantee it will work on all the Android tablets. This means most of the tablets they have not listed on their, are not supposed & may not work. Please understand that as you can read it as well. This reason is because many buy the tablets Rogers sells / are popular. This means the less popular / unwanted tablets do not get the support. Also remember the third part tablets that are not supported will never get support unless Rogers & the Manufactor want to support it. This goes for app on Bell & Telus as well. They have the same thing.

Please understand this without assuming / fighing or arguing.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Really disappointing that the apps is limited to such a few tablets.. Even my Galaxy tab 2 10.1 is not supported while the Galaxy 10.1 is.. What would it take really?? Same size, same resolution, better performance?? update it!!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'd put money on the app working just fine if you can get a copy of the APK and install it. I've done it with countless apps in the past on different phones/tablets that were supposedly "incompatible". The Play store often just has filters that block the installation if there's anything it doesn't like about your device.

Certainly, there can be circumstances where sideloading the app does not work (Like when I tried the One Number app on my phone), but in my experience it works far more often than not.

That being said, there's a new app/version on the way (it's already on ios). Maybe you'll have more luck with that whenever the Android version is released.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Holmes

Rogers controls which devices / tablets are compatible with Rogers apps. The play store filters do this as well but with other apps. The thing is if anything happens to the tablet / device no one can be blamed but ur self. It some cases sideloading apps have caused devices and tablets to stop working and sometimes ruin the OS at points.

Also the update coming is ONLY to fix issues and other things. They may add support for more devices BUT really doubt at this point. The update to fix issues / add more things. I have kinda seen the final release of  that update. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Although I think it's a good caution for non-tech savvy people, I think the odds of an app doing anything that bad to your device is slim/none (particularly a legitimate app). I run custom roms/os's on my SGS3 and Tab, and change the software I'm running every few weeks, and even messing with the firmware never "bricks" your device. Worst case scenario you just need a factory reset. The odds of a simple app doing anything like that (unless it's malware designed to hurt you, which is far and few between), I wouldn't worry about it.

Edit: Back on topic though, here's the new app version I mentioned (Anyplace TV Home Edition). It merges the remote TV manager and live TV app. Not only does it control your PVR recordings, but all basic remote functionality. It works great on my ipad, but I use my android devices more often, so i'm very eager for it to be released on the Play Store, hopefully sooner than later.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1083205/rogers-unveils-evolution-of-nextbox-2-0-experience-with-exte...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Holmes

Actually you are very wrong. If you do NOT know what you are doing, changing ROMs can cause your device to soft / hard brick. There are some ROMs that came out for the S3 and the first Note which caused the phone to brick. Look at XDA if you want.

Please stay ontopic here about the app, not about sideloading or ROMs.

As said above. The app is not supported by the tablet. Nothing can be done until Rogers supports It.