Rogers Anyplace TV Tablet App

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Anyplace TV Tablet App

Does anyone know where or how I can get th Rogers Anyplace TV Tablet App on the Google store?  It's a free app and I'm a Rogers customer.

When I search for it, it does't even show up.  However, when I try to view this directly on my tablet, it says it is incompatible.

The description says it may work on other tablets and other Android versions but would be unsupported.  I'll accept that.  How is one to get this?  I've tried tech support and tried Rogers stores with no luck.

This can be seen at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Rogers.OnDemand&hl=en

Any help is welcome.

****Edited Labels****

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV Tablet App

Hello Vim

Which Android tablet are you using? Also which OS version is the tablet running? I know a few tablets that the Rogers Anytime TV app does not work on.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think it's ICS or Jellybean.  The tablet is not a namebrand tablet.  It's a MediaPad.  I doubt anyone else has tried the app with this tablet.

In any case, I'd like to try it myself.

Thanks

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello vim

The MediaPad is not supported. Only Samsung, Toshiba, Apple, HP, Blackberry Playbook and the Nokia winows ones.

This is the reason why its not working on the tablet. Even tho the OS is Android, its the product name / hardware it self.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Android is android.  It runs on many different pieces of hardware.  I can read the description of the app as well as you can.  It says it may work on other devices but Rogers does not support it on other devices.

Don't change the subject.  I'm looking for the app.  Since you have so much knowledge of the app, you must have it or work with Rogers and can get it.  Please kindly post it.

Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello vim

I would suggest you do not assume anything about any user on here. I do not work for Rogers but I have had third party tablets on where the app does not work. This is Rogers fault as they are the ones that do not want it on those tablets. As you can read it says it "MAY". This does not mean it will or will not run on the tablet you have. Simple as that. I am not changing the subject at all. Please do not assume or anything on here. Thanks

The app does not work for the tablet you have. Nothing can be done unless the developers make it work.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, you are right.  It totally depends on Rogers.  I can't see why they would prevent me from trying the app...especially since Bell and others have apps now too.

Have you actually tried it on a Mediapad?  What ROM were you using?  What errors or messages happened/displayed?

As I said, I want to try it myself.  I currently cannot try it as it does not display on my tablet or says incompatible.  It appears that there is a filter based on the version of Android.  If I get the apk for this free app I will be able to try it.  I will post my results, of course.

I can understand Rogers not wanting to support people with other tablets but they should make the app available to anyone that wants to try it.  We can help each other...as much as we can.  Whether this app works or not will not change my Rogers voice/data plan or subscriptions.  Getting it will definitely make me happy.

I totally appreciate your help.

Can anyone please provide the app...thanks in advance!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello vim

Yes i used the Mediapad actually a few days ago. I gave it to someone else as it was not exciting nor did i like it. Some apps never could run & the tablet would freeze on me.

I was running the ROM it came with. ICS 4.0. Yes i tried the Rogers Anyplace TV app & could not work as it did not support the tablet. This means that Rogers developers are not working / worked on the app to work with the tablet.

The tablet uses a different Android ICS OS on it. Its filtered with what they want to add on the OS. This means some apps can not run on it as well.

I agree with you tho. Rogers should be able to make the app to work on all the tablets / phones. There should be NO reason for it not to run.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That's odd.  I have never had an issue with my mediapad.  I've had honeycomb, ics, aokp and cm10 roms on it and all are rock solid.

The media pad is actually quite a good tablet.  7 inch 1280x800, gorilla glass, front and rear cameras, GPS, ambient light sensor, compass, sim, msdhc, HDMI, USB otg and b/g/n wifi.  I've used it to watch movies on my LCD TV.  I've used it with a mouse and keyboard and also used a USB key and hard drive.  Also had a powered USB hub working with several SB devices.  Also has a phone dialer to go along with the sim.

Which model media pad was it?  How much memory?  How did they get the app? Was it the 3g or WiFi app?

The reason I'm looking for the tablet app is that it works through wifi.

So, as I said, this thread is about getting the Rogers anyplace TV tablet app and this thread is NOT about trying to convince me that it won't work on my tablet.

if anyone has the app, please provide it.  If any Rogers support or mod can assist, that would be great.  Are there Rogers reps that normally watch these boards and help out?

Thanks in advance!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Vim

I never said or even tried to tell you or convince you to not get the tablet. Everyone has their own opinion & i am able to state my opinion. This is a public forum in which i am allowed to do that. I simple said that i never liked it. It has NOTHING to do with you..

I got the this one. : http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/productFeatures.do?pinfoId=3135&treeId=3290&directoryId=5011&t...

Same specs as yours i assume. I said i got the app but never worked. Please read the post again. I downloaded it threw Wifi & trying to use Wifi & 3G it would not work as it said it was never supported. It did not let me download the app as it was NOT supported for the tablet.

Yes Rogers mods do post on here but the forums are for end users to help each other. Mods come on here time to time & help out if they know about the question.