cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Anyplace TV Home edition

jsdunne
I'm Here A Lot

I cannot access my PVR with the this iphone app.  I can sign in ok however it gives me the GENERAL DIGITAL BOX MAC ERROR when i look at the PVR scree.  I am using an iphone 5 with iOS 6.  

i have called tech support three times and they keep passing the buck -  no one knows anything about this.  anyone else have this problem?

i have reset my boxes and deleted and reinstalled the app a couple of times.  

thanks for your help.

****Edited Labels****

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV Home edition

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello boomerdomi12

With the account you logged in, is the account connected to it? If so & its not letting you not log in, its not worth calling Rogers. The reps online will NOT help you at all. They will tell you to contact the Rogers online Live Chat. You can do that by going on the link i will provide:

http://www.rogershelp.com/customerserv/cuscare_ECare.php?s=17

You can also contact some of the moderators on here. Here are some of them:

RogersGina:
http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/147040

RogersDarrell : http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/183892

RogersAndrewNP:
http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/183726

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The app is only a week or so old right now...

The rogers reps, are NATORIOUSLY known for not getting trained before something is released, and therefore not knowing whats going on.. 😞

There are 1-2 threads on this, over in the TV forum.  Might want to ask this question in that thread.. as a bunch of us there are using/commenting on it there... someone else may have come up with the error and know what to do.

Which PVR is it trying to connect to? (Model)

boomerdomi12
I've Been Around

just a quick question i have no idea what to do i added this app.just yesterday put in email than password iam being told this is wrong so i then go to change my password try to answer sec. question and am told this is wrong is there any way to get this reset?????

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
To et this reset you might have to call in, or try sending a private message to one of te forum admins.

Assuming your account info is tied in with it, it should be the same login you used to log into here

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello boomerdomi12

With the account you logged in, is the account connected to it? If so & its not letting you not log in, its not worth calling Rogers. The reps online will NOT help you at all. They will tell you to contact the Rogers online Live Chat. You can do that by going on the link i will provide:

http://www.rogershelp.com/customerserv/cuscare_ECare.php?s=17

You can also contact some of the moderators on here. Here are some of them:

RogersGina:
http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/147040

RogersDarrell : http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/183892

RogersAndrewNP:
http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/183726

View solution in original post

jrbond55
I've Been Here Awhile
I have read many of the reviews that state the app doesn't work. I had the same error message upon downloading but called Rogers support. With their help and my own trial and error, do the following and it should work.

1. Download app
2. Unplug Rogers box and wait 10 sec before plugging back in
3. Put tv on, NOT CABLE BOX, and you will see the status of loading. It's complete when the red bar goes across the full bottom of tv screen. It will automatically disappear when it's done.
4. When done put the cable box on
5. Log into app. (It might not work yet). If not, wait an hour to allow the cable box to communicate with the app.
6. Shut down phone, not just the screen, but shut completely off. Wait and then turn on again.
7. Now when you log into app it might need a sec to download the box and guide info but all should work just fine!

Yes, you shouldn't have to go through all this but what can I say.

Hope this helps!

Getting error code 804 on ipad and 227 error code on Android. (Samsung Galaxy s3). The Home page app @ rpvr.rogers.com sems to be permanatly broken.

I've tried calling tech support but they point fingers to  different call centers.. Been transfered so many times lost track 😞

1. I tried rebooting STB (un plug for 60 sec)
  2. reauthoroizing STB (reauth, unplug for 60 secs)
  3. deleting apps and redownloading..
  4. trying in Wfi @ home or LTE @ home or 3G at home

Nothing seems to help.

It would be nice, if these errors had full descriptions of them.. or there was somewhere that they were all listed somewhere..
Like if its an account/login issue.. or more a data/connectivity issue. 😞

Since last i checked i was able to log in ,but all the data showed was wrong/not mine.  That seems to be resolved.. but still has the errors of showing stuff long deleted from the pvr.

I am a Rogers Cable/Wireless subscriber and want to use the ROGERS Anyplace TV IOS App. I have cable internet though not Rogers. I am told I need Rogers Internet to make this work? Is this true and if so why?

Are we talking TABLET edition or iphone/ipod?

WIth the iphone one.. you need to do the initial login, on the WIRELESS network.. so you need to have a rogers wireless (which it sounds like you do).
From there, you can turn on wifi, and use anywhere... i have done so, on bell internet here at work, after loging in othereise.

I THINK there is a different version for the tablets.. not sure how the login on those is handled.. if its JUST login based, it MIGHT work (like the rogers one for the xbox, should work anywhere, as its based on login).

IPOD - so will not work for me because it does not have 3G/LTE wireless. So Rogers - what can I do?

I get the same error on my iPhone, iPad and I've tried everyting you've just mentioned. I also get a similar connection error when I try to use the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition link when logged into myrogers.com portal... all my services are there - but that link to the guide just error's out all the time.

This is another Rogers fiasco! Market the devil out of a great new service but don't setup the appropriate infrastructure to support it! I've been stung like this so many times by them over the last 20 years, I'm the fool.

I have literally tried every support department at Rogers for this issue - both in live chat and on the phone! Literally. I have been transferred on the phone and online so many times, I can no longer count. I kept chat transcripts at first but gave-up becasue nobody would ever read them all. I have had 4 escalated tickets that I never heard back from anybody!

The last tech support rep I just talked to just told me he was at a management meeting today and was assured that they were setting-up a new department to support Rogers Anyplace TV but that it would, sadly, take about a month to bring online!

So pay no mind to the glitzy million dollar campaign Rogers has been running to promote Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition folks - if it does not work for you right away, just forget about it for a month or two.

Please Rogers, you're not Google - STOP launching early, or at least iterate faster!

golfer99
I've Been Here Awhile
Does this app work for anyone right now? I get a 805 error on my iPhone and iPad . The link on myRogers also doesn't work.

It's been like this for about a week now.

Mine has had a few bugs (didnt show the recordings, but showed the scheduled ones), and is showing someone elses PVR now as well 😛

But otherwise, mine is working OK, logs in, can see PVR and other two boxes...was able to set a recording.  This is on an iphone5 and on android tablet app.

golfer99
I've Been Here Awhile
I just looked at the reviews on the App Store and it looks like this is a common problem. Does anyone know of a fix?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, since there appear to be quite a few AnyPlace TV threads.  I usually access AnyPlace via my iPad with the App and this is functioning fine. However, since the recent change to the Rogers Website, there is no link for AnyPlace that I could find on my Mac Mini Computer using Firefox or Safari. The link used to be something like "Manage my Recordings" under the TV section, but it's no longer there. Other people at the Digital Home Forum have indicated the same problem, so it's not only me.  This really needs to be fixed since many people rely on being able to use AnyPlace (Web) to interface with their PVRs.

If I've missed the link, please advise where I can find it.  Thanks.

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

There is this thread too that was started right after the new MyRogers format was introduced!

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/page/1/...

Thanks, I didn't find it because it didn't reference "AnyPlace".  I guess I could have searched for "manage my recordings"...

Marchend69
I've Been Around
I can't log I with anyplace TV home edition. Setting pvr recording is a big reason I switched to Rogers. The app was last updated 1 year ago yet every review says it doesn't work, no one can log in. What's the deal. Is Rogers going to fix this issue or is this a case of advertising services that don't actually exist. (If the app is broken and Rogers knows it's broken and isn't fixing it, then it's just plain false advertising to advertise the features they're not delivering and apparently have no intention of delivering.

JonBoy49
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Is it just me or has everyone lost the ability to use Rogers Home Edition and the OnDemand web page ability to program their NextBox?  Starting last night nothing is working and the "Manage" option on the OnDemand web page has disappeared completley. This has happened beofre but only for short periods of time.

I've been relying on the web app becuase it took Rogers over 4 months to sort out my Home Edition access, now I've got nothing again.

lensman
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@JonBoy49 wrote:

Is it just me or has everyone lost the ability to use Rogers Home Edition and the OnDemand web page ability to program their NextBox?  Starting last night nothing is working and the "Manage" option on the OnDemand web page has disappeared completley. This has happened beofre but only for short periods of time.

If you mean RogersOnDemand and MyPVR from web browser on desktop rather than the phone app, then, yes. I just noticed this last night. Clicked on MyPVR and logged in then got this message"

"We seem to be experiencing some difficulties. Please try signing in again at a later time. We apologize for the inconvenience."

And the MyPVR icon had disappeared. Rogers simply has NOT managed to get this to work consistently - EVER !!! It disappeared completely for months, came back with no differences whatsoever, that I could see, and it STILL has problems. Come on Rogers, your programmers look like incompetant noobs!