Rogers Anyplace TV Home edition Jailbroken error

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Rogers Anyplace TV Home edition Jailbroken error

I can't watch some channels on the Anyplace TV on my tablet because it keeps saying I have a jailbroken tablet but I know for a fact I don't or have ever installed anything in the past to jailbreak it,anyone know what could be wrong?

thanks

***Edited Labels***

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers Anyplace TV Home edition Jailbroken error

Hi @Jayzino,

I haven't heard of this issue before. What tablet are you using? Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the Anyplace TV App? Have you updated the tablet recently? Please provide more details so we can assist further. 

Has anyone else in the Community experienced this? Please feel free to chime in! 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I'm a Regular

I've tried all that and I have Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have a lenovo tablet 2 as well, and I get the same things.  It looks like it's ONLY the canadian content channels: CBC, TVO, CITY, YES, ROGERS10.  But there are some other stations in there as well, which could be somewhat canadian content: NBC, YTV, FOX, CBS.

A lot of the higher speciality channels work.  I'm assuming it has something to do with the CRTC regulations and the new rules on which channels are REQUIRED.  There must be something where if you have basic basic (the super cheap 25 dollar one) that you can't use anyplace home. 

Which makes no sense.

I'm a Regular

I use another tablet and it works fine on it,so seems like it's a Lenovo tablet problem.

I've Been Around

I also have this issue. Im using a Mygica atv582 android box running android 4.4.2 and factory settings, not jailbroken.

Tablet app version shows DRM error 1202, phone app version shows Streaming error 1201 (jailbreak).

This device has 2 video outputs - hmdi, and 3.5 mm for rca. Im not sure if both are active at same time as I only use hdmi like most. I somewhat suspect the dual outputs are part of the problem. Could you confirm this or possibly provide more info regarding the error codes?

(On a side note, the bell fibe tv app runs fine - which makes me wonder what the authentication differences are between their app and yours.)

Hello, @Meathead

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for joining and posting your query in the Community. The app in discussion in this thread is the "Anyplace TV Home Tablet" version and this app is available for the Mobile/Cellular devices as well.  Currently, our apps are only compatible with the Cellular and Tablet devices, hence you are seeing the DRM error. Thank you for understanding.

Cheers,

RogersMoin