Rogers Anyplace Live TV Windows Phone version

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Rogers Anyplace Live TV Windows Phone version

I am wondering if anyone at Rogers or the community can explain what happened to the Rogers Anywhere TV app for Windows Phone? It was working great until one day when during the Blue Jays post season (Go Blue Jays!) and it wasn't loading -- tried the good old uninstall/reinstalled, but when I went to the store to redownload the app it was gone. And no one at support seems to know why it is gone or if it is coming back... please add the app back, it was such a great service -- I do have  a Slingbox, which works great, but when my home connection was poor, I could always count on the Rogers Anywhere TV app!

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Rogers Anyplace Live TV Windows Phone version

Hi @b-ry

Sorry to inform you, Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition is no longer supported on Windows and Blackberry devices.

@RogersPrasana

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @b-ry

Sorry to inform you, Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition is no longer supported on Windows and Blackberry devices.

@RogersPrasana

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersPrasana thanks for the reply, but I was not referring to the Anywhere TV Home edition -- as I am not a Rogers cable customer (westcoast) I have never been eligible for that service. I was referring the the Anywhere (anyplace) Live TV -- it gave you access to tsn, sportsnet, shopping channel, weather network and something else. It was originally $5/mo but was then 'free' after something with the CRTC and/or net neutrally, can't recall the exact reasoning.

the Live TV app/service just disappeared without notice. no notice, no nothing! Just because those who use WP (or even BB) doesn't mean that we shouldn't have access to the other applications that are on iOS and Android. Especially when those services existed and worked well, but was removed for no reason.