Rogers Anyplace App Ipad

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers Anyplace App Ipad

Can I view what I have recorded on my PVR (nextbox) on my iPad using just the wifi?
I called Rogers and no one seems to know got transfered 3 times and gave up.

Thanks

***Edited labels***

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Anyplace App Ipad

I am in the same boat.

The commercial looks cool with they guy pulling up the current listings on his tablet and then using a remote on his tablet to control his digital box.

I have confirmed that I have the correct HDTV PVR box, I have confirmed that NetBox 2.0 is active but no one in sales, or Internet technical support, or TV support knows how to get that app onto my ipad.

The TV technician just told me to come here as this is the only place I will find the answer ....

How can they advertise something no one on their staff seems to know how to activate for you?

I've Been Here Awhile

I see the commercials advertising the NETBOX 2.0 from Rogers here in Brampton ON,

I see in the commercials the guy pull up a full current TV listing on his tablet, then use a virtual remote control on his tablet to control his HDPVR setbox.

I have a 4th generation Ipad, which is the most common tablet owned.  Figure I am compatible with the app advertised,

I want this feature so.....

I call sales and confirm I have the right HDPVR for NETBOX 2.0,  I confirm my HDPVR is setup and using the NETBOX 2.0

They don't know how to I get the app.

They transfer me to the loyalty Sales group ... they don't know how I get the app.

They transfer me to Internet Tech Support.  He's never seen the comercials, never heard of an app that can control your setbox, doesn't know what I am talking about,

He transfers me to TV tech support, he knows the commercial ... hasn't been trained on the app so he can't get me the app

Tells me to come here because someone here has been trained and knows how to get me the app

I am very dubious about that claim....

so please magical person who is apparently the only person who has been trained on getting your customers this app that you advertise on TV and for some reason only do tech support here in thses forums...

How do I get the TV remote control app for my tablet?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That i know of.. there is nothing TO activate it on the account per-say. 

When the new app came out, i downloaded, and they were there (well, it was really crashy the first few days, but seems to have mostly leveled out, other than the bugs now).

ONLY thing i can think of.. if its MAYBE based around the whole home PVR thing?  Not sure if others have used it, without having this feature.. thats the only thing that i know i have otherwise.. have the boxes, have whole home pvr enabled, and mine comes up on my iphone.
It SHOULDNT though.. as its supposed to control the 8300pvr as well..

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I replied on the other thread.. but will ask something here.

You HAVE the app already on your ipad?

ROGERS ANYPLACE TV HOME EDITION

(may say tablet/ipad)

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you .... With some intense digging on their website I figured out that it is indeed the Anyplace TV Home Edition not to be confused with the regular old boring Anyplace TV app.  We wouldn't want to make this any more confusing than it has to be.

Yes I had both Apps installed on my iPad.

I cannot log in.  I get the following error

GENERAL ERROR: Unable to reach the remote service, please check your internet connection and try again (804)

As I have just written and made this post using my iPad we know there is nothing wrong with my internet connection.

I have confirmed my ligin and password to ensure I have the correct ones.

I have uninstalled the old boring pedestrian Anyplace TV app so only the Anyplace TV Home edition is installed just in case they conflict and....

I still get the same error.

Any help?  I see you answering many questions with good advice so I am very appreciative of any help you can provide me.

If we can get it working I'll even do up a user technical guide (which I do proffesionally) and post it here, so no one else has to suffer like this to get this advertised service. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The login/password is the one that is associated with your myrogers, you can see your TV account there, etc? (just making sure).

JUST to make sure.. this is an ipad WITHOUT 3g/LTE?

I've Been Here Awhile

Holy Crud I got it to work

Seems even thought I had a My Rogers account, which I had setup with a service tech months ago, my actual physical accounts weren't associated with my account.

So all I had to do is log into My Rogers on the web

https://www.rogers.com/web/link/signin

and then associate my physical roger account from my bill to my My Rogers account and the app starts working ...

Why does Rogers have to make something so easy so difficult.  I think training the tech support may take less than 10 minutes of time.

Alright I am going to write a simple step by step of what you have to do to get the app advertised on TV to work and post it as a new topic.  Hopefully that will help others. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

And people say i ask silly questions sometimes Smiley Happy  Always good to double check ALL the details.

While alot of people on here, the account they log in under, IS the one tied to their account, you can make others as well that are not tied to one.

Glad you got it working Smiley Happy

And no we know the first thing to look at with an error 804.

---

Now, there are some bugs with the app still.. but generaly it does work.

Make sure as well to mark you REPLY as the solution for this topic Smiley Happy

I've Been Around

forget it I see you have it working - I didn't yet but will keep trying Smiley Sad