Rogers Android Updates - HTC but no Nexus?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skladman
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Android Updates - HTC but no Nexus?

My mother has an HTC X710a.  She JUST got an update that got her from like...2.something to 4.03.

I have a Galaxy Nexus. Mine is still stuck on 4.02. No updates yet.

Anyone else has an HTC or a Nexus and has gotten an update (or not, respectively)? Still waiting for Jellybean 4.1 to hit our phones.

EDIT: Also, my phone doesn't have Rogers or its logo anywhere on it; it has GOOGLE on the back. Also, when I start my phone up, it says Google. There are no Rogers start-up screens or anything. Does that mean my Phone is Google-based and not Rogers-based? And yes, I DID buy it at a Rogers kiosk and NOT from Google.

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
confyzone
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Android Updates - HTC but no Nexus?

Well the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is actually one of Google's flagship phones, so yes your phone is google based and not rogers based.

With each iteration of the gnexus all updates will be sent directly from google, so rogers has nothing to do with this.

As for your update you probably wont see on until google decides to release the 4.1.1 all together.

Question: Have you used "System Update"? Settings > About Phone > System Update

If it says your up to date than just give google time

If your impatient and want 4.1.1 JB now, you can also make the jump to the XDA forums to find the official 4.1.1 ports to your GNexus

Although be warned using XDA usually means rooting and unlocking the bootloader WHICH WILL VOID WARRANTY at rogers

View solution in original post

All Replies
confyzone
I Plan to Stick Around

Well the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is actually one of Google's flagship phones, so yes your phone is google based and not rogers based.

With each iteration of the gnexus all updates will be sent directly from google, so rogers has nothing to do with this.

As for your update you probably wont see on until google decides to release the 4.1.1 all together.

Question: Have you used "System Update"? Settings > About Phone > System Update

If it says your up to date than just give google time

If your impatient and want 4.1.1 JB now, you can also make the jump to the XDA forums to find the official 4.1.1 ports to your GNexus

Although be warned using XDA usually means rooting and unlocking the bootloader WHICH WILL VOID WARRANTY at rogers

View solution in original post

Skladman
I Plan to Stick Around

Darn it. See, it'd be nice to use the port so I can have 4.1.1, but it's all about the warranty. Guess I will just have to wait patiently while the HTC starts to get constant updates all of a sudden. :S =

confyzone
I Plan to Stick Around

Don't worry the HTC One X wont be seeing JB before you, the most that'll happen is that it gets the finally ICS variant 4.0.4
Skladman
I Plan to Stick Around

Hopefully. I like having new things. 😛