cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Advanced Modem "CGN3" How to turn off WiFi for guests?

nkgers
I Plan to Stick Around

So I just got my CGN3. I putted that home network key thing onto my computer, and also made a guest WiFi network. But I don't want that to happen, so I won't have to pay extra on my bills, etc. Is there a way reverting this?

***edited labels***

nkgers | remember to leave a KUDO 😄
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Rogers Advanced Modem "CGN3" How to turn off WiFi for guests?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To solve what?

As i stated, the only way to set the guest stuff, is via the key.

If it wont let you UN set it via the key, the only way to remove it, is to do a factory reset.

Then re-set up your other settings again.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Guest should add anything as it's non accessible without password assuming you set one.
(Yes usually shows as unsecured, but after connecting requires a password).

You could try running the software on the key again.
If that doesn't work, you can do a HARD reset on the unit. Hold in the reset button on it for a good 30 seconds then release. Should cause it to go back to factory defaults.
(Wi have to run the key again)

nkgers
I Plan to Stick Around
A Hard Reset?! AGAIN? Fine, I'll try that last. USB is only for setting up the new WiFi thing, it's just activating the guest network again.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Normally you can just log into the unit to set up your regular wireless security, without the USB key, etc.. but the guest network, you can only set from the usb key thing for some reason.

If you do the reset again, and dont want to set up the guest at all, might as well just do it via loging into the unit.

nkgers
I Plan to Stick Around
No other people know how to solve? :C

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

To solve what?

As i stated, the only way to set the guest stuff, is via the key.

If it wont let you UN set it via the key, the only way to remove it, is to do a factory reset.

Then re-set up your other settings again.

mrbrimi
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm using the Hitron CGN3 and currently have "Guest Access" set to "off". I only turn it on when needed.

Changes are made either with the USB key or a copy of Cisco Connect on your computer.

Options are (1) Allow guest access (2) Change guest access password (3) Change total guests allowed.

As Gdkitty has said there is nothing to solve.

nkgers
I Plan to Stick Around
K fine 😕

doglvr
I'm Here A Lot

Hi

how do I change password and turn off guest network.

Had a cisco before and there was a main screen I could access through start menu.  No such thing here.

Thanks

Sue

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can in a browser go to 192.168.1.1, and log in with cusadmin / password

You can change the wireless password from here, but not the guest network. That can only bee done via the setup USB.
If you didn't get this you'll have to go to a store to see if they can get you one.
(I also think if you call in they can disable it for you)

I just got my modem and I agree, that USB just confuses the whole process.

I wanted to setup my Guest Network and had to call Rogers multiple times to make it perfect to my liking.

It seems that the Techs see more than the end users when they login to the modem although they say they are using the exact same login.

I have found that even though the menu is not there for the Guest Access setup, you can still guess the URLs.

Here's what I have found so far (please add as you discover them):

http://YOUR_LAN_IP/index.html#wireless_guest/m/3/s/0         Guest Access Menu Page

http://YOUR_LAN_IP/index.html#wireless_advanced/m/3/s/0        Advanced Wireless Setup Page

While the techs still log into the same LOGIN as us.. they do have a completely different login.

The one we log in with CUSADMIN... is just that.. CUS... CUSTOMER admin.

They have a seperate superadmin or MSO type login.
This gives them access to ALL sections, all settings.
There is also a section in there which says what CAN and CAN'T be seen by the CUS users.

(i have seen the superadmin for the older modems when troubleshooting an issue with support in the past)

I think alot more of the ROUTER settings should be opened up to us... more functionality, and really cant hurt much of anything.
Main reason we dont get FULL login control.. is that when in that MSO login.. you can change the channel/modem config parts too.. which could really screw up your internet.

I was just looking for this. Thanks!

Well, after thinking and trying many things about the guest Wifi based in your answer, I found that if you use http://YOUR_LAN_IP/index.html#wireless_guest/m/3/s/0 you can open the setup for disablinh the guest wifi, I did it and it worked....

looking to turn off the open guest wifi on my roger's provided router, cannit seem to access once logged into router, please provide instructions on hoe to turn off guest wifi, thanks

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 in conversation