Rogers 8642 vs Nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers 8642 vs Nextbox

@Gdkitty wrote:
Again different layout, but about 2/3 of the stuff is there.
Depends on what your looking for really

I guess you mean 2/3 of the settings for the 4642 HD box are similar to the 4250 HD which I've used for several years. Yes, I guess everybody has their own preferences for settings and the guides. Thank you so much for the help and  information you have given me. I really appreciate it. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

No problem.

Yeah.. about 2/3s of the options are still there.. things like CC, etc..  they may just be in a different location.

There are SOME stuff missing.. some people used the SLEEP timer in the older boxes, etc.. which doesnt exist in the newer ones.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

No problem.

Yeah.. about 2/3s of the options are still there.. things like CC, etc..  they may just be in a different location.

There are SOME stuff missing.. some people used the SLEEP timer in the older boxes, etc.. which doesnt exist in the newer ones.

I'll find out on Monday when the Rogers guy brings the 4642 what thihngs may be missing. They are going to hook it up for me which is good so I can see if it works OK. It depends on what is missing whether I will miss it or not. I wouldn't miss a sleep timer.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I've never used a sleep timer, but notice most TVs have them. Just use the one on your TV if you need it.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I've never used a sleep timer, but notice most TVs have them. Just use the one on your TV if you need it.

Yes  I have one on my TV but I've never had a need to use it.  But thank you.