Rogers 6GB LTE Plan $30 (Rogers Please Chime In)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Rogers 6GB LTE Plan $30 (Rogers Please Chime In) Got confirmation from Ian @MS

@Meowmix wrote:
When you do a upgrade then yes the sim-card will come free. If you are just buy the sim-card then no you need to pay for it. If he bought the phone outright and never got the LTE sim-card then he needs to pay for one.

That makes sense.....although, I would still have thought that any carrier would have been happy to give the card fro free, kowing that they will be getting more money on the LTE plan...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Rogers 6GB LTE Plan $30 (Rogers Please Chime In) Got confirmation from Ian @MS

Yea but all carriers only care about 1 thing. Money. This is why they never give out stuff for free. Even if retention gives you a credit AFTER you buy the sim-card you still pay for it.

For the ones that have the $65  My10 Canadawide +6GB ( 6GB=$10 with the My10 plan before) Can you just change the Data to LTE WITHOUT taking the corrent one out & getting charged more?

EDITTTT- LISTEN TO THIS FROM ROGERS. "

Icalled Rogers & talked to 3 Retentions Managers & they all said that i can not get the $30 6GB data unless i change my hole plan around 😕

I have the my10 Canada-wide with 6GB of data for $65. That promo was a while ago they had. in order right now to get this plan i need to cancel my hole plan & discounts, & then re add the my10 canada-wide with 6GB of data for $80. This is gettint really ugly. How did others get this plan then? Also they told me that MS is not a reliable site & its a rumor site. 😕

Highlighted

on hold with rogers at about 2;30pm....CSR is still trying to find this plan, that "went live" on the 17th...yesterday.

rogers REALLY needs to get their act together...AGAIN!  Why does rogers insist on blind-siding their own people??? 

It's not the CSR's fault that they have not been informed.  Why were the customers having to inform rogers CSRs about the delivery of the SGll.

Finally...after listening to rogers, ever so delightful "on hold music" (I'd rather be duct-taped to a chair being forced to watch the New Two and a half Men...over and over) the CSR found the plan....I mentioned that the EE's at rogers should speak to their management about leaving the "front-line" in the lurch, yet again..Sigh.

Plan Changed to 6 Gig....Phew...Time now 2:48pm.

Next on the List: LTE connectivity issues, but even at 4G speeds...$30 for 6 Gigs is WAY better then what I had been paying for an HSPA+ Rocketstick.....It was $50.00 for 2 Gigs until I got them to reduce that by 50%...but now by paying an extra $10.00 for Shared Data, the cost for BOTH is $40.00!!

I have been trying to see if I could get Mobilesyrup to conduct a Survey of rogers customers, with LTE, to determine overall satisfaction with in rogers own words "THE FASTEST WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY ON THE PLANET"?

I figure if those that find the LTE speeds and connectivity, well crappy..Send in an e-mail to info@mobilesyrup.com .... perhaps we can be as successful as we were in getting Rogers to address the issue

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers 6GB LTE Plan $30 (Rogers Please Chime In)

So you are telling me that a 6 gig LTE plan is now available that is only $10 more than the 1 gig 3G plan I currently have?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

The 6GB LTE data plan is $30. You need to resign a NEW 3 year term tho. This is the only down fall of it. I can not do it because like i said if i do then i will lose all my discounts & my old plan. I have my10 Canada wide+6GB of data for $65 a month. I order right now for me to get the 6GB LTE i need to pay $85 a month for the same as i have but change it to LTE. This is not worth it to be honest. I talked to 3 retention Managers & yet they all said the same. Its a shame because honestly i thought all they had to do was change a few codes & boom. Also they told me that MS ( MobileSyrup) is not a reliable place to learn stuff because that Screenshot is not the one they see on their computers. They said it does not say ANYWHERE about the my10 plan. This is how you know Rogers does not know what they are doing anymore. I am losing faith in Rogers to be honest.

Highlighted

@CP100 wrote:
So you are telling me that a 6 gig LTE plan is now available that is only $10 more than the 1 gig 3G plan I currently have?

Yup.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2011/11/17/rogers-brings-back-the-30-6gb-data-plan-promo-extends-it-to-lte-cu...

Not all the CSRs are aware of this yet...some may have to go hunting to find it.

I Plan to Stick Around

So at lunch i went to the store that I got my HUP completed at.

I told them "I didn't get an LTE SIM card when I upgraded my phone, is it possible for me to get one now?"

(innocently)

And they said... " you only get it if you upgrade to a LTE plan, did you do that?"

I said "no, but i want to upgrade to an LTE plan that was released yday".

He's like oh! well in that case come to the store and we'll just bill you $0 for the sim card, we usually charge 11 bucks for it, but seeing as the plan you want to jump on was not available when you did the HUP, we'll just waive the cost"

SO THE CSR's AT THE KIOSKS CAN WAIVE YOUR FEE!

So i was happy about that.

They then told me to call into rogers to switch over to the new LTE plan.

So i got back to my desk and called. and like shaggy here, I waited pretty much 15 mins to get  the CSR to finally find the plan. As per usual they are SO adamant that they are right, and that this plan does not exist. Then i keep telling him the STORES told me about it and they go digging... and digging... and finally find it.

Anyways I tested out the LTE speeds.

Pretty amazing compared to what I was getting this morning.

2,240 kbps in the morning on 4G

then

18,000 kbps on LTE

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:

Yea but all carriers only care about 1 thing. Money. This is why they never give out stuff for free. Even if retention gives you a credit AFTER you buy the sim-card you still pay for it.

For the ones that have the $65  My10 Canadawide +6GB ( 6GB=$10 with the My10 plan before) Can you just change the Data to LTE WITHOUT taking the corrent one out & getting charged more?

EDITTTT- LISTEN TO THIS FROM ROGERS. "

Icalled Rogers & talked to 3 Retentions Managers & they all said that i can not get the $30 6GB data unless i change my hole plan around 😕

I have the my10 Canada-wide with 6GB of data for $65. That promo was a while ago they had. in order right now to get this plan i need to cancel my hole plan & discounts, & then re add the my10 canada-wide with 6GB of data for $80. Is this a s**t deal or Rogers is f****d." This is gettint really ugly. How did others get this plan then? Also they told me that MS is not a reliable site & its a rumor site. 😕

What ever you do, DON'T change your plan around, especially if you have credits.  UNLESS they're going to renew your credits, don't let them mess with your credits.  Trust me. 

The RedFlagDeals Retention thread is filled with stories from the past month where Retentions has really cracked down on credits.  Some are only getting 1 - 2 credits max on their plans. 

My advice for anyone switching is to WAIT a few days, maybe Rogers will come up with a My10 + 6GB LTE plan that you can switch to, or at the very least, call a few times until you get a helpful rep who will renew your credits when making the switch. 

IF your plan now is $65 with 6GB, it should be $65 with 6GB LTE data as well, since both of them cost $30!

If they're trying to force you into an $85 a month plan, in reality that 6GB data is now costing you $50!!!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yea i told them i am going to keep the $65 my10+6GB of data. Honest i get around $30 on discounts & a free value pack that i get. so i rather keep them, then have them taken away. Costumers with the same price plan as me will most likely complain the same way i did & they Rogers like you said will come out with the my10+6GB of data ( LTE ready). I will THEN switch over to that.

1 of the credits i get ends in April 2012 & the other one ends October 2013. I rather keep them, then have any issues & lose them.

Its a shame Rogers does NOT tell its reps this promo until the day of or the day before. A few store reps i spoke too, got the email saying about this plan but it does not work the same way the plan i have.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Yea i told them i am going to keep the $65 my10+6GB of data. Honest i get around $30 on discounts so i rather keep them then have them taken away. Costumers with the same price plan as me will most likely complain the same way i did & they Rogers like you said will come out with the my10+6GB of data ( LTE ready). I will THEN switch over to that.

1 of the credits i get ends in April 2012 & the other one ends October 2013. I rather keep them, then have any issues & lose them.

Exactly, I have a fair number of dicsounts which were justified since they were matching my Bell Retention plan, and I was lucky to get in August, I also made sure that ALL my credits expired in 3 years, at the same time my plan expires. 

But now, reps won't even touch my plan or credits, because they claim if they take them off they can't be added back on.  I know they're lying because other reps have done it.  

Either way, Retentions has really cracked down.