Rogers 6GB LTE Plan $30 (Rogers Please Chime In)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers 6GB LTE Plan $30 (Rogers Please Chime In)

Hello,

As shaggyskunk posted in the S2 Galaxy thread, I too noticed the post yesterday by mobile syrup whereby Rogers has announced a 6GB LTE DATA plan! For $30.

If the details are true, I am excited as I would instantly hop from my current 6GB NON-lte plan to this 6GB LTE plan on my S2.

However, comments on mobile syrup and also by shaggyskunk suggest reps have no idea what this promo is or the codes etc.

Before dozens of us waste our time on reps who are misinformed (as is a usual circumstance) can we please get a promo code or some sort of reference number?

1) Can we do the plan change at the store/phone?

2) Do we need an LTE Sim card FIRST before we proceed? (from what I've read the answer is yes)

Any extra details that a rogers rep can add would be a great stress-reliever for all your valuable forum customers here.

******* Edit labels ********

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Rogers 6GB LTE Plan $30 (Rogers Please Chime In)

@kid_icarus wrote:

Hello,

As shaggyskunk posted in the S2 Galaxy thread, I too noticed the post yesterday by mobile syrup whereby Rogers has announced a 6GB LTE DATA plan! For $30.

If the details are true, I am excited as I would instantly hop from my current 6GB NON-lte plan to this 6GB LTE plan on my S2.

However, comments on mobile syrup and also by shaggyskunk suggest reps have no idea what this promo is or the codes etc.

Before dozens of us waste our time on reps who are misinformed (as is a usual circumstance) can we please get a promo code or some sort of reference number?

1) Can we do the plan change at the store/phone?

2) Do we need an LTE Sim card FIRST before we proceed? (from what I've read the answer is yes)

Any extra details that a rogers rep can add would be a great stress-reliever for all your valuable forum customers here.

I am not certain how helpful the rogers reps will be...it seems that their was no advance notice or information given to them...sort of like the SGll delivery date......cough, cough..

Considering that I had spoken to a CSR about plans Yesterday, and then again this morning...rogers has not learned the lessons from SGll. and perhaps this $30 6 Gig deal was/is/maybe some sort of "offering" on rogers part, without resorting to an outright apology?  But IF this is the case...how many times do people need to call, to maybe get the "right" CSR, that actualy has been informed..OR, is rogers offering the plan on the Q.T. and hoping that most won't notice, until Retentions gets invilvolved?

Highlighted

Re: Rogers 6GB LTE Plan $30 (Rogers Please Chime In)

This is a leak so it may not be in their system yet. You will need an LTE sim before they can add an lte plan though. Their system is so advanced that it checks that. Because, you know, everybody has an lte sim just in case they decide to get the plan.... I don't understand why they sell lte phones without lte sim cars....
Highlighted

Re: Rogers 6GB LTE Plan $30 (Rogers Please Chime In) Got confirmation from Ian @MS

I sent an e-mail to Ian at Mobilesyrup and he confirmed that the plan IS available.

"Thanks for the email.
I've seen the Rogers doc on this, it's there and went live late yesterday.

Best
Ian"

So, I guess wait a few hours....days? and call rogers back....Shades of SDll Delivery...people at rogers just don't know what other people at rogers are doing...

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers 6GB LTE Plan $30 (Rogers Please Chime In) Got confirmation from Ian @MS

Is rogers going to charge me for an LTE sim card?

I assume it should be free of charge with the move to a LTE plan?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Just because they change your data plan DOES NOT mean they will give you a free LTE sim-card. The LTE sim-card cost $9.99 without taxes.
Highlighted

@Meowmix wrote:
Just because they change your data plan DOES NOT mean they will give you a free LTE sim-card. The LTE sim-card cost $9.99 without taxes.

Really, they will charge anyone $9.99 for a card...to be able to use a more expensive service, where they will make more money...really?

I am kind of thinking that between the various gaffs, rogers would be trying harder to keep customers, and not continuing to make them angry?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Even if yoy complain to retentions they are going to tell you to go BUY the LTE sim-card and once you get it call rogers and they give you the 11 or so dollars back as a credit to your account. Other the that every carrier does not give free sim-cards when changing a data plan. That means when everyone who got the 6Gb data for $30 should have gotten a sim card for free. Does not work that way.
Highlighted

@Meowmix wrote:
Even if yoy complain to retentions they are going to tell you to go BUY the LTE sim-card and once you get it call rogers and they give you the 11 or so dollars back as a credit to your account. Other the that every carrier does not give free sim-cards when changing a data plan. That means when everyone who got the 6Gb data for $30 should have gotten a sim card for free. Does not work that way.

Well, when I picked up the SGll, there was no charge that was visible for the new Sim...as far as I could tell.  Maybe it would be just for existing phones, but then other then the just released phones, none would be able to connect at LTE in any event...or, is it the card that is LTE and the phone is along for the ride?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

When you do a upgrade then yes the sim-card will come free. If you are just buy the sim-card then no you need to pay for it. If he bought the phone outright and never got the LTE sim-card then he needs to pay for one.