cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers 3.0 - Multi year project to improve customer service amongst other things.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

http://www.digitalhome.ca/2014/05/rogers-unveils-radical-restructuring-plan/

This sounds like some really good news.. and is hopefully done right.

They can come here, to even look at some of the bigest things that people complain about customer service, etc and what can be improved.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Rogers 3.0 - Multi year project to improve customer service amongst other things.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Gdkitty

I was reading that on MobileSyrup & a few other sites. Honestly i hope he does what he did with Vodefone UK ( when he was the CEO) but then again only time will tell what he does with Rogers & how Rogers 3.0 will be towards customers & customer service.

I am guessing they have looked her if not then they will at some point. As you said, they can see how many complaints are given each day on here & maybe with those complaints, they can fix them instead of pushing them away per say.

Only time will tell what happens.

Re: Rogers 3.0 - Multi year project to improve customer service amongst other things.

Smartswine
I Plan to Stick Around
funny thing... I also check forums with other telcos and it appears that Rogers isn't any different in terms of complaints volume... but yeah, I agree - improvements is a good direction that should benefit everyone

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Smartswine

While that is true, i have seen more here then anywhere else. What they need to do is take the bad things out and make Rogers into a company people will want and like I said on Mobile syrup, Guy is known to rebuild companies and take them to the better. He did it with VodaFone UK.

We just have to wait and see.

BSJxKingslayer
I Plan to Stick Around

What changes would you suggest Meowmix?? to eliminate the "bad" and incorporate more good things?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello BSJxKingslayer

- Better customer service. This is the major one out of all. The customer service the customers get aren't Onpar to what they are supposed to be and they know it.
- Lower the prices on plans ( Cellphones, Home phone, Cable and Internet)
- Get more technicians that have knowledge about ( Cellphones, Cable, Internet and home phone)
- Improve the cellphone service around Canada, not just in Major Cities.

And there Is more. Guy Lawrence is known to improve all that. So i am sure slowly he will.

BSJxKingslayer
I Plan to Stick Around

Those sounds like reasonable solutions, although a lot of people confused  "poor customer service" with people just getting the answers they want, ex. going over your data and not getting all the charges waved. Just because Rogers doesn't give us everything for free and credit all our overages, doesn't mean that's a bad customer service.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello BSJxKingslayer

That is correct. Those tho don't think of anything but get credits or discounts because they think everything should be free. I wish i could have everything for free but i work for everything lol.

All in all, let's give him a chance and see what he does.

It's just that when you make 4 phone calls to support, and not once CSR tells the same story about your case, there's a "poor customer service" right there.  I understand that for some, they are unhappy because they don't get the answer that THEY want, but for a lot of the problems i've seen so far, i was in the right to complain.

Yeah, i am hoping of part of this project.. is a better way, at MIN to be be able to REPORT stuff like this.

That if the tech comes out and is bad... they may not KNOW about the bad ones.. as there is no way to really tell them.
Start weeding out the bad reps, and congradulate the few good ones.

IMC
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Here's my two cents- to improve customer service maybe Rogers should give their reps more authority and training to HELP certain customers rather than hindering them (and frustrating some customers because the wrong information is given). This is a function (partially) of the computer system and restrictions that Rogers currently has. The IT dept. in Rogers is not helping the situation.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello IMC

You can't give more authority to reps as they can use that towards anything & plus the only ones that should have that are supervisors & managers & or specific departments like retentions / management & such. Normal reps are just trained to take phone calls & simple questions. There is a department for everything. Billing, Tech support, Sales, Management & so forth.

As for the training. As we all said on here many times... Yes i agree the reps need to be trained more & once every six months or so the reps should under go other small training to refresh their minds again.
Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation