Roger Hub IMEI?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Roger Hub IMEI?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone was willing to share/message me the IMEI Number of their router. I need this number so that I can use my own hub on the Roger plan. I talked to customer support and they confirmed that a devices IMEI can be attached to many plans without any issue - this is because it has no effect on the service, but is only required to create the plan within their computer system.

I saw another post where someone else had the same problem and the customer service rep. used their 'In-house" routers number, but the one I talked to said they didnt have any Routers in the office.... Not sure what to make of this, but I figured it would be easier to ask a community member for one.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roger Hub IMEI?

I would strongly discourage this mostly due to security reasons concerning the provider of the IMEI.

An IMEI like a serial number or IP is private and can be used for malicious behavior.

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Roger Hub IMEI?

Though I understand your position, I was hoping that community members might have a spare router - say an older generation which they no longer use. Or if someone else was forced to purchase a hub for the number and then switched to their own pre-existing hub.

On a seperate note, though I could report the IMEI number as stolen it would be very simple for rogers to check their records and see that 'kind donor' had registed the number long before myself. I would have to have some sort of further proof - non-existant receipt, or a picture of me holding said device in order to try and convince them that it was actually my device. If someone is willing to share great, if not thats fine too - but its wrong to think that anything serious could come from giving someone your IMEI.