RocketHub 3G25W-R Netcomm router wireless LAN stops working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pixelDust
I've Been Here Awhile

RocketHub 3G25W-R Netcomm router wireless LAN stops working

I got the RocketHub 3G25W-R Netcomm router four days ago, and while speeds have been fine, the wireless LAN has been very unstable - sometimes it works perfectly, other times it just stops (generating errors like "limited connectivity", "no wireless network available", etc). Happens on different computers, and when I connect with an ethernet cable, the Internet access works. So, the problem seems to be with the router's wireless LAN functionality. I've gone through all the reboot, factory reset, and power down options, but the problem persists.

I hope this isn't some kind of large-scale defect with this router? I've called it in to tech support, and am supposed to get a replacement, but I'm worried I might face the same issue again. Does anyone else use the 3G25W-R Netcomm router, and if so, have you also experienced an issue like this?

*** Edited Labels***

mandiecrawford
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: RocketHub 3G25W-R Netcomm router wireless LAN stops working

Hi there..

I just got the same product (exactly) and am having the exact same issues as you are.... ideas anyone??

pixelDust
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the info - helpful to know it's not just me. I received the replacement router a few days ago, and yes, the same issue occurs with this one - wireless LAN functionality goes kaput, and and the only fix I've found is to power down the router for long periods of time. I suppose this means the issue is caused by overheating, though it doesn't feel that hot to the touch.

So, since it seems this is a defect with this particular model, your only options are to either switch to something else or live with it 😞 Turning the router off every night and letting it "rest", so to speak, seems to help (at least so far).

mandiecrawford
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi everyone - I may have found the answer!  I had another wireless router in my home several years ago with the same issue.  Then I discovered that every time the phone rang I got bumped off line.  I have experienced the same issue as others - of  the LAN wireless staying on for one minute or up to 15 minutes then it stopped working and yet when connected by ethernet cable it stayed on all the time.

I removed my wireless phone (several minutes ago)  from my location and unplugged the phone receiver and tada - the wireless network works fine.

See if maybe it is your wireless handsets that interfere with the wireless signal!  You may have to change the phone you have or change channels on it.

Mandie

xplornetsucks
I'm a Trusted Enthusiast

Get Rogers to replace your router... it is obviously a hardware issue with every device they issue to people... the internet is working fine... your  computer is working fine.. the hardware Rogers has given you is the problem!

jwag
I've Been Around

had same problem, just about unuseable until i discovered it was the sim card not making good connection so i jambed a tooth pick behind it so the contacts maded better connection,be working flawless for months now
rockethub
I've Been Here Awhile

I just bought the same router yesterday.  Plugged it in and it worked fine for about 2 minutes.  Then started getting messages like Limited Connectivety and no access.  Then the router would completely stop broadcasting so I couldn't even see it on my list of wireless connections. (Works fine with network cable attached)

I spent an hour or so on the phone with tech support before they finally told me that there seems to be a defect with the unit and to return in to Rogers for a replacement.  I wonder if there is any point? 

Has anything changed since you received your replacement? 

pixelDust
I've Been Here Awhile

So far (knock wood), the replacement seems to be okay. Occasionally I've had to reboot it, but for the most part it works without cutting out.

I still suspect this is some kind of overheating problem and that certain units are worse than others. To be on the safe side, I turn the router off every night (it's not being used anyway, so might as well let it cool down)

Yours definitely sounds defective if it's cutting out after only 2 minutes. The one I sent back would cut out after being on for over a day or two.

rockethub
I've Been Here Awhile

Okay thanks - I will send it back and and get a replacement and hope for the best.

nneettiiee
I've Been Around

i tried the toothpick thing and it has worked well fore three days now, keeping my fingers rossed it continues