Rocket & advanced wi-fi Hitrons has PROBLEMS

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rocket & advanced wi-fi Hitrons has PROBLEMS

Yep, I already messaged them. They said it will take up to 48 hours. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It might take that long, but hopefully you will see the update take place very late tonight.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How would I know when the update goes in effect? Will they message me? 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

unfortunately really the only way is to log in to keep checking

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In addition to what Gdkitty indicated, you can also check the ping times to the modem.  If you have a look at the first post in this thread you can see the before and after differences in the ping times to the modem. 

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/2532...

To ping the modem, bring up a command prompt and type;

ping 192.168.0.1 -n 20    or   ping 192.168.100.1 -n 20

Now it will show random ping return times and an average ping time around 5 ms.  After it will show 1 ms ping times or less with rare pop ups over 1 ms and an average of 1 ms.  The 1 ms ping times will tell you that the update is loaded.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey Guys

Just a heads up that the @CommunityHelps team does send out messages informing users that the modem has been updated.

As the updates generally happen nightly, the modem could be updated already but the messages have not been sent out yet.

In rares cases the update did not push through and will  be re-submitted the following night. I would recommended a power cycle on the modems for these cases. 

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

so far the averages I got from testing it couple times is around 5-8 ms. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Right, that makes sense with the current firmware.  You should see that drop to 1 ms or less with the update firmware.  Hopefully it will be loaded before the tech arrives as it will make testing the signal levels much easier with the updated firmware.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So tech is coming tomorrow.

I just lost full connection to internet. The 3rd light on the modem (the little house symbol with arrow going down) is flashing. And the '@' sign is turned off completely. The 2.4G and 5G are also flashing

I called Rogers, they tried reseting it, but it didnt work. 

I turned off the modem for couple minutes, and turned it back on, same thing happened. 

Now I gotta wait til tomorrow without internet... Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Log into the modem to check the firmware version on the STATUS page, or ping the modem to see if the ping times have dropped to 1 ms.  Maybe the firmware update has arrived and you are now running Version 4.5.8.16.  Also check the upstream portion of the STATUS.... DOCSIS WAN page and see if you still have three upstream channels running.  Perhaps you have lost a channel or two.  That I would really be interested in knowing about.