Rocket Hub a.k.a Ericsson W35 Official Rogers Unlocking Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skinorth
I'm an Advisor

Re: Rocket Hub a.k.a Ericsson W35 Official Rogers Unlocking Questions

@Kaoru:

the only thing I can suggest is that you obtain a copy of the Ericsson W3x System Administrators Guide, and try to determine from that what you can/should do.

I did actually follow the unlock procedure as mentioned in this thread (including running rwclean), and was able to recover from the experience quite nicely.  I am actually using that same unlocked W35 right now as I am creating this posting.  I must confess, however, that I have not yet been able to find documentation on rwclean.

I suspect that data like the PRL and the MCC/MNC are not going to be disturbed by the rwclean command.  I see that data mentioned in the Sys Admin Guide, with the implication that it is built in to the device.

I hope this helps.

skinorth

macovet
I've Been Around

I have the Bell's Ericsson W35 Data & Voice Terminal.

I did a firmware upgrade to version w35-006-R12C003.arc (ericsson firmware)

After the upgrade, it seems that the router have been locked somehow. (not bricked) 

I am trying to connect through the web interface with password 'user' and I am getting the following message :
Enter password to access personalization options.
Password: user
'The system database cannot be accessed right now, since it is locked. Please wait and retry later. Press back and correct the error.'

The same though telnet. The password 'user' is accepted, router returns the message 'Welcome to the Ericsson W35 Mobile Broadband Router' but right after router close the connection 'Connection to host lost.'

Any suggestions would be highly  apreciated!

Some specs:

Before Upgrade:
Product Id:KRC 101 1467/14 R2B
Boot Loader: CXC 172 7029 R1A (Dec 9 2008)
Application Software: CXC 172 7031 R13B (Nov 18 2010)

My upgrade was with w35-006-R12C003.arc firmware.

kevindscott
I've Been Around

Since others are adding to this thread again,

Thought I would post this with the root password...

http://www.rogers.com/web/support/internet/rocket-hub/341?setLanguage=en

• To log in, type “root” and press enter.
  • Then type the password “R0ger5” and press enter.

JHCTIN
I've Been Around

I know this is years after the start of this thread, but did anyone ever consider this service as a viable unlocking option?

Or it just a phish?

I own a Bell W35 that I'd like to use on the Rogers cell network. My signal where I live is very weak but the higher I go the better it gets and I still have the aerial that came with the package.

http://www.cellcorner.com/xshp/unlock-phone-codes/unlock-code-bell-canada-ericsson-w35-turbo-hub.htm...