Rocket Hub Wireless disappeared

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vannel
I'm Here A Lot

Rocket Hub Wireless disappeared

I have the rocket hub. For the past few months the wireless has disappeared and the power button doesn't work (as in, I can't shut it off through the power button, I have to unplug it). I thought if I pressed the reset button in the back it would reset and fix everything, but now that I finally got around to finding something small enough to press the button, nothing happens. How can I fix this? I really want the wireless back, connecting through a wire is annoying. Any help would be appreciated.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
skinorth
I'm an Advisor

Re: Rocket Hub Wireless disappeared

@vannel:

the experience you recount seems very curious for a normally functioning W35.

In the first place, can you access the W35 Web User Interface.  You can access it via your web browser at IP address 192.168.1.1.

The W35 wireless LAN function can be enabled and disabled on the Wireless LAN page.  There is other information you can obtain from the Web User Interface as well.  Perhaps you can re-enable the WiFi functions of the W35 here.

On the System page there are buttons to allow you to perform a Restart function on the W35.  Also on this page is a button to reset the W35 to its factory defaults, kind of a software version of the Reset button on the back of the unit.  You should probably try both of the above to determine how well the W35 is functioning.

So, there you have a few things to look at and try.  Let us know how it works out.  Perhaps trying these will give you and us some idea on what further action needs to be taken to restore your W35 to proper operation.

skinorth

View solution in original post

All Replies
skinorth
I'm an Advisor

@vannel:

I am sorry to hear of your problems.  Before we can offer any suggestions, we need to know the type of RocketHub you own.  Is it an Ericssen W35, or is it a Netcomm?  Please let us know.

Also, have you had any contact with Rogers support, and what was the outcome?

skinorth

vannel
I'm Here A Lot

It is an Ericsson W35.

I haven't bothered to contact Rogers support, I cannot stand speaking to any customer support services for any company. I thought I might try here first. Thanks for the reply.
skinorth
I'm an Advisor

@vannel:

the experience you recount seems very curious for a normally functioning W35.

In the first place, can you access the W35 Web User Interface.  You can access it via your web browser at IP address 192.168.1.1.

The W35 wireless LAN function can be enabled and disabled on the Wireless LAN page.  There is other information you can obtain from the Web User Interface as well.  Perhaps you can re-enable the WiFi functions of the W35 here.

On the System page there are buttons to allow you to perform a Restart function on the W35.  Also on this page is a button to reset the W35 to its factory defaults, kind of a software version of the Reset button on the back of the unit.  You should probably try both of the above to determine how well the W35 is functioning.

So, there you have a few things to look at and try.  Let us know how it works out.  Perhaps trying these will give you and us some idea on what further action needs to be taken to restore your W35 to proper operation.

skinorth

View solution in original post

vannel
I'm Here A Lot

I went to the IP address, but I wasn't sure what password to enter so I entered the one on the back of the hub and it did not work. Any idea where I can find the password?

I think this (no wireless, power button not working to turn off) happened to my brother before and for him the reset button on the back worked. Maybe I am not pressing it hard enough? Would I hear a noise when it is pressed?

skinorth
I'm an Advisor

@vannel:

the default password is the word "user", without the quotes.

Good Luck.

skinorth

vannel
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks, the password worked. First I tried to restart the machine using the interface. The machine re-started but the service did not come back at all. So I unplugged it and left home. When I came home I turned on the machine again and the internet returned. I came back to the interface and set up a WLAN, and the wireless icon shows again on my machine, and I can now connect my laptop wirelessly to the hub. Thank you so much for your help on this.

Now it is just the power button that does not work. Maybe it is stuck? I was just wondering if it is safe to always turn it off by unplugging it since the power button does nothing? 

skinorth
I'm an Advisor

@vannel:

Eh man, no problem.  What are buds for anyway?

I can't offer any suggestions on the power button issue.  I would watch the W35 carefully, as the behaviour has not been normal.

My fear is that there could be some kind of intermittent hardware problem.

Let us know how it works out.

skinorth

NoSmoke
I'm Here A Lot

The "power" button on the W35 is really not a power switch - it just turns off the internet access (but leaves the phone operational if you subscribe to that option).  The button should alternate between red and blue when pressed.

vannel
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for all the help. I will keep an eye on my hub. It is working fine, except for the power "switch". It always stays blue, nothing happens when I press it. Anyway, that is a minor problem for now. As long as my internet works I'm not going to complain any further.