Rocket Hub Wireless Internet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rockside
I'm Here A Lot

Rocket Hub Wireless Internet

Hi,

I live just outside of Toronto in Caledon with poor cell coverage due to the limited number of towers. I have been using the Netcomm 3g25GVWR modem for the past 3.5 years and have recurring problems with it. It has to be reset multiple times per day due to lost connectivity and is brutally slow, despite  having a booster attenae.

Rogers has stopped selling the NTE modem which replaced the one I have and they don't appear to have another model available. I only see the mobile hotspot aircard by sierra wireless.

Does anyone know when another rocket hub modem will be available? The user reviews for the sierra wireless air card look quite mixed as well - any thoughts on whether this is a worthwhile alternative to consider.

Thanks

***Edit labels***

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Rocket Hub Wireless Internet

Hi @rockside

Welcome to the Community Forums!

You can definitely visit your local Rogers retail location to see if they carry any Rocket Hub modem or you can try one of these devices available here to access wireless coverage.

Let us know if we can further assist.

@RogersPrasana

gwmacdonald
I Plan to Stick Around

MOFI Network (www.mofinetwork.com) has a new MOFI4500 modem/router that allows you to use your existing Rogers mobile Internet SIM card. The two-antenna model does not have the SIM slot. The four-antenna model does have the SIM slot and reportedly also has connectors for an external antenna (something lacking in the last few versions of the Rogers RocketHub). The SIM version appears to be currently only available directly from the manufacturer (which is a Canadian company). Contact them directly for more information.
Rockside
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for your help!

Geezer
I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone know if the new ZTE MF275R Rocket Hub has an connector for an external antenna?

If it does, it might be the answer. If not it looks like another useless piece of hardware from Rogers.

Kbiro
I've Been Around

Yes, the MF275R has two inputs for external antenna.  See http://ztedevices.ca/media/wysiwyg/Rogers%20MF275R%20UG%20English-final.pdf