Rocket Hub NetComm 3G10WVR2 wont allow port80 incoming

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rocket Hub NetComm 3G10WVR2 wont allow port80 incoming

Did you ever find a solution to the port forwarding on the Rogers Rocket Hub. I have the same problem trying to access my security camera's. I paid for the "Public IP address"  and paid for the level to support, but have not gotten anywhere. Surely there are others with this problem and a solution somewhere in cyberland ????

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have set up port forwarding on my Netcomm 3G25WR to remotely access my security camera system. In order to access the modem remotely, you will require a static IP address from Rogers at a cost of $10 additional per month. The modem firmware then needs to be configured to reflect the static IP address. I would imagine that the set up can be done on the 3G10WV as well.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

As I mentioned in another post, I believe that you need a static IP address to access your modem remotely. The public IP address only ensures that you are not behind Roger's firewall, but the address itself changes. The static IP address always remains fixed.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Why do you need a static ip on the router? It should work on a public ip on rogers and then put a static ip on your camera system. Is that what you meant when you said you had to modify the router firmware?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You can run a public ip but you need to run a dyndns also. Or go the route of Bert and pay for a static.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

call back and make sure they put the public ip on your rocket hub. I called to check on it and they screwed up and put it on my iphone. after verifying the rocket hub has the public ip, make the following changes under 3g settings, disconnect tab first then follow these tabs.

HSPA/3G Settings > SetupProfile: fixed-isp.apnCustom APN

Authentication Method: AUTOPAPCHAP
APN:     Available APN: fixed-isp.apninternet.comvpn.com  
Username: wapuser1
Password: wap

IP Compression: OffOn Data Compression: OffOnBand select:  All Bands/Automatic 3G-ALL 2G-ALL

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for your reply. I do have Public Ip address however I cannot decifer your reply. I can see all of the options after I disconnect but  I can't tell from your reply which selections I should make, only the options that I have. Also you use wap as Username etc. do I need that or can I make up my own username etc......Thanks again, I really hope this works. I have three security camera's that are worthless to me right now.

I've Been Around

hey there, i have the exact same problem as you, i had to switch to the rocket hub after rogers discontinued their old wireless modems and i have several security cameras up at the cottage which were useless until i bought the "public IP". which i did, 5 bucks now. Anyways you have to change the settings on your netcomm 3G10 go to the tab labeled "3G settings" at the top Then click disconnect, that way you can change the settings Then beside "profile" click "custom APN" Then under "APN" click "VPN.COM" (if anyone who hasn't already paid for the public IP can change this setting and let me know if it works that would be awesome if i can save the 5 bucks a month). That is it, leave everything else the same Click save, then click connect. Your WAN IP address displayed by your rockethub should match your IP address when going to "whats my IP" in google. Your done! you can now configure your NAT port forwarding etc. i have 2 of my 3 camers working now, however one of them is down by the dock and it's to far for the netcomm's wifi to reach, i am having trouble getting my DLINK router to properly route this last camera through the Netcomm, i'll keep hacking away at it though Turbz.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hello

Any ideas on the same issue with a 3g27wv, tring to open port 80,9010,9011 with rogers and just will not work even after having to get the static IP

Thanks