Rocket Hub NetComm 3G10WVR2 wont allow port80 incoming

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Rocket Hub NetComm 3G10WVR2 wont allow port80 incoming

I'm trying to set up my security cameras to use remotely and ip keeps stopping in Toronto. How can I get around this?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Rocket Hub NetComm 3G10WVR2 wont allow port80 incoming

hey there, i have the exact same problem as you, i had to switch to the rocket hub after rogers discontinued their old wireless modems and i have several security cameras up at the cottage which were useless until i bought the "public IP". which i did, 5 bucks now. Anyways you have to change the settings on your netcomm 3G10 go to the tab labeled "3G settings" at the top Then click disconnect, that way you can change the settings Then beside "profile" click "custom APN" Then under "APN" click "VPN.COM" (if anyone who hasn't already paid for the public IP can change this setting and let me know if it works that would be awesome if i can save the 5 bucks a month). That is it, leave everything else the same Click save, then click connect. Your WAN IP address displayed by your rockethub should match your IP address when going to "whats my IP" in google. Your done! you can now configure your NAT port forwarding etc. i have 2 of my 3 camers working now, however one of them is down by the dock and it's to far for the netcomm's wifi to reach, i am having trouble getting my DLINK router to properly route this last camera through the Netcomm, i'll keep hacking away at it though Turbz.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@fish9483:

we would like to provide you with help and troubleshooting ideas.  However, you have not given us enough information to understand the setup your are using with your security cameras.

For example, what do you mean by "...ip keeps stopping...".  From the title of your posting I assume this relates to port 80 incoming.  Please describe a little more completely what you are trying to do.

skinorth

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am trying to view my camera dvr system from my cell and other computers. I have tried the mobile port, designated dvr port and even port 80. Nothing goes through. I tracked my ip and it stops Toronto. Is the rocket hub not enabled to do this.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It is a 264 dvr, and ip means my dvr internet address
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@fish9483:

Your last statement may be the most factual: "... the rocket hub not enabled to do this...".

Please believe me when I say with great sincerity that I still don't know what you are talking about in terms of technical details.  In principle, right from your first posting, I was fairly convinced that I understood more or less what you were trying to do with your security cameras.

I don't know what the "designated dvr port is", I don't know what the mobile port is, and I do know what port 80 is.

I also don't know what you mean by "...tracked my IP...".  Do you mean you did a traceroute?  and from where to where did you do this traceroute.

And you will most likely need to do your troubleshooting from both ends of the connection you are trying to set up.

If you want us to understand what you are doing you need to provide exact details on what equipment you are using, and how you have that equipment interconnected.  And when you do troubleshooting such at a traceroute, provide us with the detailed text of what you get back from your investigations.  "...ip stopsToronto" tells us very little!

We already know the Leafs are dead in the water.  Oh, sorry, on the ice.

skinorth

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Let me ask you this. Does the rocket hub allow port forwarding? We all know this rocket hub is a piece of junk, for starters you can only enter port forwarding info when you switch over to French.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Or should I ask does Rogers allow port forwarding through a rocket hub. I am guessing not so people do not over use bandwidth. I already received a letter saying they were going to throw a crtc lawsuit against for using too much. I'm hoping this port forwarding issue can get me out of my contract
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

fish9483:

from personal experience, I can't tell you if the RocketHub allows port forwarding.  In the first place, we still don't know what kind of RocketHub you are using.  Rogers has sold several types: the Ericsson W35 as well as several variants of the Netcomm.  They have different management user interfaces and capabilities, I would assume.

Secondly, have you taken a look at the documentation for the RocketHub which you are trying to use?  As well, Google on what you want to do, and see if you can find anything out there that would help.

I don't think that "...overuse of bandwidth..." is likely an issue with port forwarding.  Rogers will just charge you more for the monthly data volume you use.  I can well imagine, however, that if you have a constant video feed from security cameras over an Internet connection, that the data volumes on the Internet RocketHub connection would be quite high.

Your comment about a "...crtc lawsuit..." would seem to indicate that  you and Rogers have a past history in this matter.  Would you care to elaborate on what you have tried in the past?

I'm not sure that we can help you get out of your Rogers contract based on your security camera setup not working. This is not exactly your vanilla-flavoured email/browsing/ file downloading scenario  that most RocketHub users would be doing.

skinorth

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The title of the post states which rocket hub I am using. Google is what showed that only french version works. Crtc lawsuit threat was because of regular music/ movie downloads. I have a home security system, which most home owners have now and I can not monitor from outside my house because it seems Rogers does not allow it through through the rocket hub. I wish you had more experience with this subject. Last time I had a problem with it I had to get my answer from the manufacturer. I would say I have enough reasons between lack of service, threats and unavailable support to get out of my contract.
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@fish9483:

you are correct, and I apologize.  You did identify the Netcomm in your title line, and I missed that.

I now understand better what it is you are trying to do.  I own an Ericsson W35 RocketHub, and have attempted to access it from elsewhere on the Internet with no success either.  I was trying to set up a test web server at home.

I reasoned that, first of all, in order to prove to myself that a significant amount of effort was justified, I need to be able to "ping" my RocketHub's Internet address.

Initially, I recorded the W35 Internet-side IP address, and then tried to "ping" it from my work location.  It was not successful.

Then I used this website to determine what my supposed "real" IP address on the Internet was:

http://www.whatismyip.com/

The address displayed there is substantially different from what is shown on the RocketHub as the Internet address.  I tried to "ping" that address.  Again, no success.

Then I did an outbound "tracert" to 8.8.8.8, the Google DNS site.  Neither of the two IP addresses I mentioned above showed in the tracert, although there were IP addresses that were reasonably close.  But again it did not prove much to me.

So, at that point I stopped my efforts, because I just put my web development stuff on a server elsewhere that I could access easily.

I suspect though that in order to do in-bound port 80 accesses to the RocketHub I may need to get a public IP address from Rogers, at an additional cost.  Again, I am not sure that these are even available for data devices on the cellular network such as the RocketHub.

Perhaps others in this Forum can comment on this matter, as I do definitely not have the definitive and final answer on this.

I also did not pursue the matter with Rogers, as currently I am not feeling masochistic enough to inflict that on myself.

skinorth