Roaming in Tokyo cannot recieve Incoming calls

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Franc77
I've Been Here Awhile

Roaming in Tokyo cannot recieve Incoming calls

Cannot receive any incoming calls. I can out call, text and use data however I cannot receive phone calls.  My incoming calls get transferred without a single ring to a NTT Docomo Japanese message saying the number is not active and then my voice box follows to take the message. 

The weird part is the only carrier we can connect is Softbank but the message is from Docomo carrier. When we try to connect to other carriers we get bars but a no service message. My wife and I are experiencing the same problem I have an iphone 6s and she has an iphone 5. We tried to reset our network, disable LTE other options related to voice and data.  Customer service wanted us to do a hard reset but since we have 2 model different phones with the same issue I'm sure it won't do anything.  

RogersCorey

Re: Roaming in Tokyo cannot recieve Incoming calls

Good morning @Franc77!

Welcome to our Community!

I hope you're having fun in Tokyo, I've always wanted to go there myself. But nevermind that... let's focus on solving this issue for you!

When you landed in Japan, did you receive a welcome text that gave you information with regards to Roam Like Home? Or did you not get this text?

Please let me know.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Franc77
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes I did get the the message on the 28th of Dec when I landed. It just said Welcome abroad You're enrolled in Rome Like Home. Also occasionally I did receive a calls so I never realized something was wrong until a few days ago. Haven't been able to get any incoming calls since. 

jbondy8
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having exactly the same issue right now. People at home complaining that they can't call me but I do receive the odd call and text messages seem fine. Any solutions offered?
Franc77
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi jbondy8 the first time this happened to me it was terrible I missed all my calls. The second time I went to Tokyo the only thing that slightly helped  was to keep my phone active.  I kept on calling people and texting people to call me and calls seem to start incoming. Whenever I would not use my phone it would stop receiving calls again. 

After hours on the phone with rogers they have no idea. I turned my LTE off and stayed on 3G also used a lot of FaceTime. The really weird thing is most calls not coming through were from my area code Montreal and whenever I would get a call from Ontario or Roger's it would make it through somehow. 

Since I travel a lot I am thinking about changing carrier since they don't seem have any idea what the problem is and how to find a solution. So frustrating!  

jbondy8
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks very much Franc77, yes it seems the same for me, a couple of calls have been from a different province. It is incredibly frustrating the lack of service from Rogers.
Franc77
I've Been Here Awhile

Exactly so when Roger's will call you with their 1-800 they will get through. They will try to blame it on the Japanese provider but the out of province calls getting through indicates a Roger's issue. 

RogersZia

Good evening and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums @jbondy8,

I hope you're having a great time so far! Your experience with RLH definitely sounds like a bummer 🙁.

@Franc77, welcome back 🙂 and thank you for responding.

Have either of you had a chance to get in touch with our wireless technical support? If not then I would recommend you to reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we'll look into this further. To learn more about our private message system please click here.

RogersZia